Aftermarket gauge installation

I don't know how difficult gauge installation is, but I just bought three AM gauges and wanted to know if anyone here could walk me through them when they come and I order my gauge pod. The gauges I ordered are

Autometer Water Temp

Autometer Air/Fuel Ratio

Faze Oil Pressure

The autometers are ultra-lites if i remember correctly? Got them both for $25 so am not 100% sure, they're white-faced with blue backlights.

I don't know how difficult gauge installation is, but I just bought three AM gauges and wanted to know if anyone here could walk me through them when they come and I order my gauge pod. The gauges I ordered are

Autometer Water Temp

Autometer Air/Fuel Ratio

Faze Oil Pressure

The autometers are ultra-lites if i remember correctly? Got them both for $25 so am not 100% sure, they're white-faced with blue backlights.

You already have a water temp gauge, why buy another? Also, I would've bought all Autometer for the consistency. Did you buy a triple pillar pod?

You already have a water temp gauge, why buy another? Also, I would've bought all Autometer for the consistency. Did you buy a triple pillar pod?

I wanted to know the actual temp, not just a range. I got two used autometers for $25 and the Faze was brand new for $17 shipped. The difference really doesn't bother me, if it looks horrible I'll swap the Faze out but I think the white-face and blue-backlit will match. Triple-pod will be ordered soon. How else would you suggest mounting if I end up buying another gauge or two?

• 2 weeks later...

You have that Air/Fuel ratio gauge tuned for factory output or do you have an actual wideband sensor hooked up. If you are just going to wire that gauge into the stock stuff you are going to get nothing but a light show. As for wiring up the gauges it is easier to start from the engine and work back to the gauge pod usually. Run a fused (5A) common hot wire and ground wire to power the lights and gauges. You can power off of a switched source and run separate switches to turn on the gauges and gauge lights separately.

Archived