Clutch

OTiS

OK so my g/fs dad recently drove my civic around the block and said that the clutch is very very sensitive, (you barly let off the clutch and it stalls, or goes). It has 174k miles on it and as far as i kno oem clutchd, and whatnot. does anybody know what could cause this or how it can be fixed? Any help is greatly appreciated.

OK so my g/fs dad recently drove my civic around the block and said that the clutch is very very sensitive, (you barly let off the clutch and it stalls, or goes). It has 174k miles on it and as far as i kno oem clutchd, and whatnot. does anybody know what could cause this or how it can be fixed? Any help is greatly appreciated.

its just honda's, if hes not used to it then that would more than likely be the cause.

every honda ive had has a very touchy clutch.

Hell I love sensitive clutches, but anyways before I leanred to drive stick my dad and me went to look at the civic i bought and he could hardly drive it and killed it constantly so he did not want me to buy it because he thought somejthing was wrong. Well like a pro I am i killed it about 5 times and havent killed it since, unless I really am not paying any attention sometimes.

ok so my clutch is still good? hes use to drivin a chevy s-10 and he says that the clutch on that is easy. hes tryin to convince me to sell it and buy an auto. wheres the fun in that???

If your car was older, I'd say your cable needed adjustment. Since you're driving a 5th gen, it's hydraulic. You could possibly have a failing slave cylinder, though I doubt it.

Ok what could be signs of a failing slave cylinder? just wonderin. I think its fine so im not gonna worry bout it

Well, if the slave or the master were losing pressure, it wouldn't disengage fully, and the clutch could let out at the bottom due to not having the full range of motion. Have you tried bleeding the system yet?

Well, if the slave or the master were losing pressure, it wouldn't disengage fully, and the clutch could let out at the bottom due to not having the full range of motion. Have you tried bleeding the system yet?

you mean the clutch pedal would stay held down? I think we were gonna try to bleed the clutch and everything sun, cuz i got to get it inspected anyway so we were gonna check some stuff just to make sure it would pass.

you mean the clutch pedal would stay held down? I think we were gonna try to bleed the clutch and everything sun, cuz i got to get it inspected anyway so we were gonna check some stuff just to make sure it would pass.

If there is too much air in the line it will stay down. What I'm saying is that a failing master or slave wouldn't move the fork the full range of motion, and possibly wouldn't disengage all the way. Thereby making the clutch let out way to early. Like I said, if it were a cable clutch, I would say it needed adjustment. Hydraulic clutches are supposed to be self-adjusting.

Archived