pulled the accelerator cable, more rpms!!!

zoltron30

sigh.... hi guys i took my 2001 accord to my mechanic and they pulled the accelerator cable to fix a problem with my gas pedal sticking

now when i accelarate i notice the rpm needle is very high and my car takes a while to accelerate. it seems to almost stutter. it happens after i stop, then accelerate.

my mechanic said it was the transmission, which i replaced in 06 and i never had the problem before i went to my mechanic. i had transmission problems before but honda installed another transmission......

any help is much appreciated

My guess since you just replaced your tranny that it isn't the problem in your I4 unless you got a bad one to begin with. I'm sure there's a sure fire way to tell if it is your transmission, but I don't know it (I have the 5-speed). Does it only stutter like that when you are first starting out, or is it through all 4 gears?

Long story short, I don't think I'd jump to the conclusion of a bad tranny, especially if it seems to be the result of the shop you just had it at.

My guess since you just replaced your tranny that it isn't the problem in your I4 unless you got a bad one to begin with. I'm sure there's a sure fire way to tell if it is your transmission, but I don't know it (I have the 5-speed). Does it only stutter like that when you are first starting out, or is it through all 4 gears?

Long story short, I don't think I'd jump to the conclusion of a bad tranny, especially if it seems to be the result of the shop you just had it at.

yeah it seems to only stutter when i come to a stop then press the gas pedal, other than that it drives fine. i took it to canadian tire and they said it was idling fine and couldnt find a problem at all....

just started happening after they pulled the cable. its an automatic transmission

thanks

Archived