AEM v2 installed... what now?

shnurok89

not to be a douche, but have you been to car shows? car looks good but i can tell you unless your just entering for craps and giggles, you wont place. hell, my car has a billion things done to it and i still wont enter in "true" car shows yet b/c not enough is done. plus, its all about how many tvs and stupid crap you have done now to cars. no disrespect to the car, but unless its done up like crazy, i'd just wait till you dropped some other stuff in it before entering (that is if you are really looking to compete, you can still enter just i wouldnt expect a trophy on the way out).

I saw like a mid 90's accord station wagon at a car show not too long ago and all it had was like some painted red steel rims, motorcycle side mirrors, shaved handles, and a drop. Oh and it was in all flat black primer and it placed in it's class. Which class? I dunno...maybe ugliest something or other. ooo it had clear corner lights tooooo. wooowwwww.-_-

Found a pic....

IMG_6601.jpg

It really depends and if you hit up big shows there can be alot of classes. Just an example of the last showI was at was called ImportFaceoff and to have a class qualified there only had to be 3 cars in the class. (They had like 30 some classes). So its possible if you fill a nitch at the right time to place, etc. But yeah generally showcars to be a heavy hitter it has to be overkill with alot of customization, etc.

Um, More pics from other angles?

P.S. Looks pretty good. I like the rear fenders, even though they are not OEM they still don't look too out of place.

ill have more pics up this weekend...

the rear fenders are supposed to be the nsx scoops

not to be a douche, but have you been to car shows? car looks good but i can tell you unless your just entering for craps and giggles, you wont place. hell, my car has a billion things done to it and i still wont enter in "true" car shows yet b/c not enough is done. plus, its all about how many tvs and stupid crap you have done now to cars. no disrespect to the car, but unless its done up like crazy, i'd just wait till you dropped some other stuff in it before entering (that is if you are really looking to compete, you can still enter just i wouldnt expect a trophy on the way out).

yeah, i want to throw some vertical doors on it and try to enter a show, probably not one of the big ones, maybe a local show... honestly, i dont expect to place.....

im hoping to get noticed by a sponsor or 2(im not big on cash right now)

does anybody know where there is a directory of shows in los angeles or southern cali?

I would hate to put all those tvs in the car... when the hell would i ever need to watch a tv in the visor?

or better yet put a tv in a standstill rim.....

I saw like a mid 90's accord station wagon at a car show not too long ago and all it had was like some painted red steel rims, motorcycle side mirrors, shaved handles, and a drop. Oh and it was in all flat black primer and it placed in it's class. Which class? I dunno...maybe ugliest something or other. ooo it had clear corner lights tooooo. wooowwwww.-_-

Found a pic....

IMG_6601.jpg

thank you so much, seeing this just gave me so much confidence to enter my car into a show.... also good for a little laugh, no offense to the person who worked on this ride, im sure he/she put a lot of effort into it...

Archived