I wish i had my camera last night!

Not meaning to get offensive but you're just not getting the point. My car is a 1997 model year MODEL YEAR not calender year. Therefore when someone says what year is your car it is a 1997.....1997 Model Year. Just like a fiscal year is different from a calender year, a model year is different from a calender year. My car is a 1997 (model year) and my parent's TSX is a 2009 (Model Year).

The way you are talking 5th gen civics were from 91-94 (not 92-95) and 3rd gen tegs were 93-00 (not 94-01). I sold my integra as a 2000 model even though it was released and sold in 1999.

It depends on when the next model year is released. My '95 Sol was actually made in March or May of '95, although the '95 model would have released in '94 (and it certainly isn't a '96 :laugh:). I haven't remembered to check the Prelude's tag yet to see if it was '99 or '00.

It depends on when the next model year is released. My '95 Sol was actually made in March or May of '95, although the '95 model would have released in '94 (and it certainly isn't a '96 :laugh:). I haven't remembered to check the Prelude's tag yet to see if it was '99 or '00.

I'm not claiming that every model year is the same, just that a model year is not always (and rarely is) the same as a calender year. Usually a manufacturer will keep a fairly consistent model year throughout most of their line. For example the 09 Model TSX has been out for about 3-4 weeks and the 09 Model TL for about 1 week.

But you assume that when people say it's a 2009 Acura TSX that they are referring to the year it was released when 99% of people who say they have a 2009 Acura TSX are saying/meaning that they have that model year.

I didn't mean to get offensive, but I did. Sorry for calling you an idiot, sometimes I should keep my thoughts to myself.

But you can't go saying your car is an '09 car (not model) if the registration plate says that its an '08, if you see what I'm getting at.

Umm... the VIN will have it listed as a 2009, thus the title and the registration will list it as a 2009...

I live in a county with 16k people. Rural as hell.

And I passed one the other day. (It was going the other way, lol my B16 will only do so much).

There was a Deputy right on his tail as well, he was about to leave the county. HAHA it was great.

Wanna outrun the police? Ride a bike... They can pull the pit maneuver on you in a car but have to stay a "safe distance" away from you on a bike. And if you go over 110 or 120 (I forget which) in MD then they gotta stop chasing you. Might be same all over the US but I'm not sure.

Edit: By the way, to add more fuel to the fire, in the debate over model years I will say this: while it's true that cars produced in 08 can, and often are sold as 09s, you can register them (at least in MD) as either one as long as yours was actually produced in 08 and not 09. So, for example, my buddy has a 89 Honda Hawk and since it says on the frame that it was manufactured in 88 he has it registered historic (requiring an age of the bike of 20+ years).

Yeah, historic registration is great too -- it exempts you from all safety and emissions standards with the sole stipulation that you don't drive it everyday. How could they check on that anyway?

not a chance haha it'd be the best chase ever

I saw this for a second time the other day on a show called "why i ran". The guy was sayin he was a dope boy and wasnt ready to go to jail. He was like, im not sure how i kept going, but i did. And as long as i had gas, and air in all my tires, i wasnt going to stop.. I hope i never run across anyone who knows how to drive if i have to use a PIT.

Seb.. I dont doubt that "their always watching you" after all.. yoru in the UK. :thumbsup: (hows Man U looking if you dont mind me askin... dont get a whole lot of futbol matches over here, and hardly any here in the south(side note.. im a chelsea fan personally.. even if im not sure if i spelled that right))

I never understood why anyone would ever run from the police on anything other than a bike.. even if a county just south of mine has, and will put the pit on a bike..(the cheif's mottos is "if it enters my county, it aint leavin")

Wanna outrun the police? Ride a bike... They can pull the pit maneuver on you in a car but have to stay a "safe distance" away from you on a bike. And if you go over 110 or 120 (I forget which) in MD then they gotta stop chasing you. Might be same all over the US but I'm not sure.

a guy on a crotch rocket ran from the VA state police once...got the swat team out, parked their big truck in the middle of the road, and got a trooper out there with an M16 :laugh: . Needless to say he laid the bike down :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived