I wish i had my camera last night!

i went to the superfly show again last night, and then all of a sudden everyone made a hugh circle in the middle of the show, i thought a fight was going on, i squeezed in to see an 09 skyline gtr :drool: , it was so unreal, like i was looking in a magazine, this car was so b.a., when the guy who drove it steped out he was the biggest b.a.m.f in the show, basicly he stole the show

I have seen a white one cruising around New Albany (money end of Columbus). Guy driving it looked like he had a 10ft pole up his back side, though. Good god did it sound nice as he blew the doors off of my work truck on the e-way ramp. At the time I had the 318 in the dakota to the floor and he passed me like I was stopped.

thats awesome man, was it brain o'conner?

haha that'd be sweet but it was a guy that looks like he went through a mid-life crisis haha this one was silver, seeing it up close you notice alot of detail and work that they put into the car

• 3 weeks later...
*cough* its an '08 Skyline. '09 hasn't happened yet. lol.

I've seen a couple now, 1st at the british national motorshow, then another at the Japanese Auto Extravaganza, was better to see it at the JAE as it was actually some guys ride, and could see it up close and personal, not like Nissans on their fancy stand with all the lighting n so on like at the National motorshow.

That's interesting since my parents own an '09 TSX.

No they don't, unless that TSX is the Delorean from Back to the Future.

It was made in 2008, it was registered in 2008, so how the hell is it a 2009 car? If your parents car is released in '08, its '08.

The car companies saying its a '09 car is just a way to make it seem that extra bit cool, which in other words, the car companies are talking absolute bollocks.

It's like saying my sol is a '93, but it isn't, its a '92. and there is no other way you can put it unless you talk out your arse.

Wow you're a genius. Do some research. The car for a model year is released 3-4 months before the end of a year. Say what you want. Their title says 2009. When someone asks what year the car is 5 years from now the answer will be a 2009.

My accord is a 1997 accord. It was released in late 1996.....that doesn't mean it's a 1996 So according to you a 1992 Del Sol was released in the states? You sir, bring new meaning to the word idiot.

advertising bullcrap.

they might as well say its a 2020 model.

yeah i know why they do it. its just retarded don't ya think?! as when it comes around to selling it, your not gonna say its an '09, as its an '08 car.

It's not retarded. If anything, they should wait the extra few months to release the car. Because of end of year sales, the release it early. It's a marketing tool, not advertising.

Our Fiscal Year ends in July for work. But wait....that's not possible cause it's in the middle of a year.

You sir, bring new meaning to the word idiot.

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? lol

seb. the car released and sold as an '09, even if in late '08, is titled as an '09. So it is in effect, a 2009 model.

I'd like to know if Seb tells people that his del sol is actually a year older than what his title says. It's ridiculous. Look at it in terms of a car year (September to September) versus a calender year (January to January). It is still 1 full year between the release of a car.

as when it comes around to selling it, your not gonna say its an '09, as its an '08 car.

No, when it comes around to selling it, my parents will sell it as an 09 car. Why? Because the title says 2009 and 2009 was the first year for that body style. The way you are talking 5th gen civics were from 91-94 (not 92-95) and 3rd gen tegs were 93-00 (not 94-01). I sold my integra as a 2000 model even though it was released and sold in 1999.

*cough* its an '08 Skyline. '09 hasn't happened yet. lol.

No.

Next year models are released the previous year (with a couple of exceptions). (2009 model releases. Some '09 models were even released as early as January of this year.)

The 2009 GT-R is the first model year they've officially sold in the US. (This guy got the first one.)

The tag on the vehicle will tell you when your actual car was produced.

No.

Next year models are released the previous year (with a couple of exceptions). (2009 model releases. Some '09 models were even released as early as January of this year.)

The 2009 GT-R is the first model year they've officially sold in the US. (This guy got the first one.)

it looks way better in black

Archived