S2000 steering wheel conversion

Hondahunter

I wouldn't think there'd be too much of a difference... with the S2000, Honda took a lot of what worked in the Del Sol straight over to it. As long as it will connect to the steering column properly, a soldering iron should be able to handle any wiring problems.

I wouldn't think there'd be too much of a difference... with the S2000, Honda took a lot of what worked in the Del Sol straight over to it. As long as it will connect to the steering column properly, a soldering iron should be able to handle any wiring problems.

Nice. I love the look of them, and mine has some wear on it that looks nasty IMO. Like bubbled up where the bottom of wheel connects to center.

Definitely with the S2k seats, I'll be putting them in as soon as I can afford the... what is it, $1200 price tag? Although, they're generally just Del Sol seats with leather upholstery, sometimes with a hole in the headrest. The ones I've seen are anyway. :happy:

You guys are making me seriously lust after this!!! Next thing you know I'll be swapping the front end!!! w00t

How bad would the gauge cluster be to swap?

Purely based on looks, it'd be a royal PITA. It's a completely different shape, so you're probably going to have to do some serious modding of your console... Not sure why you'd want to though, it's nice for the S2k, but I think it'd probably just look out of place in a Sol.

Purely based on looks, it'd be a royal PITA. It's a completely different shape, so you're probably going to have to do some serious modding of your console... Not sure why you'd want to though, it's nice for the S2k, but I think it'd probably just look out of place in a Sol.

Yeah j/w, thought it would be too troublesome. I really want to do the wheel conversion though, seems a lot of people have made the mod to their 'ludes and some civics. I'll have to get in touch with a soler that has done the mod. This will come, of course, after paint and powdercoated wheels :drool:

s2k seats look cool but they're not very comfy, you can just reuphoslter your del sol seats and be done, and it'll be cheaper and you don't have to swap out the seat pan and rails.

no the s2k seats aren't the same as the del sol seats, yet they are similar.

the gauge cluster isn't too bad to put in the sol. you can even get the odometer conversion for it thru ebay.

the steering wheel... well i dunno about that, i kinda dig the steering wheels in the new civic's with the radio and cruise controls on it.

new civic steering wheel

honda_civicsicoupe_6spdmt_2008_interior_steeringwheel_640x480.jpg

other version of the civic steering wheel

honda_civichybrid_cvtatpzev_2008_interior_steeringwheel_640x480.jpg

new s2k steering wheel. it's okay but i like the other better :p

honda_s2000_6spdmt_2008_interior_steeringwheel_640x480.jpg

Yea I like the Si the one from the S2K looks like it came from the first Knight Rider

... ummm... say what? Have you even seen the first Knight Rider?

kitt.jpg

If you're talking about the steering wheel, shame on you. If you're talking about the gauges... ummm... vaguely. Looks more like an old radio LCD though.

Definitely like the second Civ wheel thought, I may give up the horn buttons for that. Steering wheel radio buttons FTW.

Archived