HERES THE DEAL!!!!!!!!!!

jaymichael13

i runnin a black 2000 honda civic si. i need help with parts. stuff like brand price performance, i am lookin at a greddy ti-c exsausst system, black with chrome edge rims, preferably 18", a sound system runnin 2x12" mtx thunder or JL's with 2 750watt amps.... mtx or JL (depending on subwoofers). sparco seats, sparco pedals, sparco shift knob,... i want a 2+ " drop, but what should i go with a kit or just springs??, im lookin also at skunk2 intake manifold, AEM highperformnace fuel filter, a AEM V2 cold air intake system, defi link gauges, and more to come,,,,,, any advice on differnt brands for a better price? post it here =]

Why don't you research for yourself. Get on google and browse performance parts sites like modacar. As far as price to performance ratios, in general, as with most things, you get what you pay for.

Whyd you make another topic? And what your planning sounds good to me. AEM, Skunk2, Tannabe, Tein, Sparco, etc. the list goes on. You really need to just do research on yourself multiple sites, and check out they're products. You'll see alot of the same brands on multiple websites so that will help weed out the cheap/crumby parts.

for the drop teinSS w/ adj tokis, for the exhaust custom bent with hiflo cat (not test pipe) and spintec muffler, for intake egay piping with K&N cone filter (just as good as the AEM, but about $200 less, so more to spend on other goodies)

the fuel filter will do you no good unless your running larger injectors for something nice (like a turbo) and need the added fuel flow

I havent heard anything good about the intake mani from skunk, but nothig bad eiter. If i were you i would just have your stock one hot tanked, and port matched (would be a lil cheaper, and prob get just as good gains as the skunk one)

And since you saved a bit of money by buying a custom exhuast spend that money on a new exhaust header, if you do piping it wont do you any good unless you upgrade your header. Heard great things about the DC, but if your going to boost down the road dont bother buying one, just have your stock one wrapped or coated.

Also if your doing ANY installs on the intake side of the car, you need to upgrade your throttle body, look into that (use the cash you saved on the AEM V2 and get a new throttle body!)

its funny u tal kabout a new throttle body i was thinkin the same thing..ha, lol,,,, and with the k&n cone filter, is it really as good as the AEM? i havent heard anything bad about the k&n but from what i ave eard and seen the AEM is a great choice.. hm. there so much to go into it lolthe fuel regulator i was gonna egt for a future turbo, but turbo can wait. i dont nearly have the cash for that haha =]

then heres what you do, set all the money aside that you are planning to spend now, and save it. You CAI will do you no good once you boost, you will want to run a differant sized exhaust when you boost, exhaust header will be useless.

So heres what you seriously need to do before you waste hundreds on parts your only going to use for a year

Sit down, make a list

Give the list to us

here is what needs to be on the list

Your exact budget, how much you know about cars (especialy honda's), what your power goals are, and what you want the car to look like, if possible draw, or post pictures of cars you like.

from there we can help you more, but right now your shooting blindly in the dark, and your going to hit crap, and waste alot of cash doing it, and doing it wrong.

(dont mean for it to sound like all azzholish, just want you to kinda understand what you really need to do to make this car 1 of a kind)

I'm with the others on this. We can help you out but you have to do some of your own research first. Come back with parts and items you have found and visuals you like and we can give you opinions on them.

Your car is a reflection of you and your personality. Asking us what you should do with your car is like asking us to tell you who you are. If you do not know who you are then I cannot help you and asking for help is wasting your time and mine.

i runnin a black 2000 honda civic si. i need help with parts. stuff like brand price performance, i am lookin at a greddy ti-c exsausst system, black with chrome edge rims, preferably 18", a sound system runnin 2x12" mtx thunder or JL's with 2 750watt amps.... mtx or JL (depending on subwoofers). sparco seats, sparco pedals, sparco shift knob,... i want a 2+ " drop, but what should i go with a kit or just springs??, im lookin also at skunk2 intake manifold, AEM highperformnace fuel filter, a AEM V2 cold air intake system, defi link gauges, and more to come,,,,,, any advice on differnt brands for a better price? post it here =]

Can you type complete sentences please? It makes it a lot easier to read for the people that are trying to help you.

1) i want a 2+ " drop, but what should i go with a kit or just springs??,

Tein S-tech springs

2) any advice on differnt brands for a better price?

Seems like you have a good list with good brands. When the hell are you planning on getting all this? Do you have a tree that grows money? If so, plant one for me too!

imo sparco = bleh

just peice it together man, dont have to be in some huge rush about putting it together.. but from what i can read from your post it sounds like itll be pretty cool :thumbsup:

and me want money tree too :p

imo sparco = bleh

just peice it together man, dont have to be in some huge rush about putting it together.. but from what i can read from your post it sounds like itll be pretty cool :thumbsup:

and me want money tree too :p

The car might be cool, the owner will still be a tool though.

a tool? what are u saying . u so sh1tty . u the kinda guy ui would sucker puch if i knew u. i just cant figure out if u made at me cuz ur jealous of my stuff or cuz ur a all around hater?? explain

okay can you start speaking english please? maybe then you will get a response. also, stop calling out members. and jealous of your stuff? did you even get a car yet?

haha dude this is one of the best yet!, keep it going, its funny seeing this dude talk shiit on a forums when its him against how many of us, oh wait were to mature to talk shiit on a forum, plus when we live about 1000 miles apart!, haha, so unless your going to drive to us and run your mouth, (which you wont), go ahead, but otherwise stfu and get out, YOUR NOT TOUGH!

Archived