cold air intake

Del Sol Driva

just go get a cheap one from auto zone or advance auto or w/e. i think those are called spectere or somethin like that, then get a k&n filter or again the cheap spectere one. all together itll cost u like 36 bucks.

K&N cone style Filter will run like $28-30, how much is tha Spectere CAI?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
K&N cone style Filter will run like $28-30, how much is tha Spectere CAI?

At one point, the spectre short ram was $20 but has since gone up to $40! Their filters are also $20 so if you want to spend $60 on a short ram go ahead. :crazy: I got my APC off ebay for $30, with filter. If only it had come with a ricey full-window sticker so everyone would know about my superior performance 8) !

I would just ebay it, like pearce said. That way (if you're careful) you don't have to cut a universal pipe and try to rig it to fit. Not that this is hard, but saving money AND making the job easier sounds like a much better option. Just make sure when you search it it doesn't have everything from del sol to 240sx in the item description. Get one made for your car. :thumbsup:

lol, i love having a turbo car. gains on an intake with the proper tune could get you over 10whp :laugh:

but seriously, make your own like people said or just buy a cheap one off ebay. just please dont get a retarded looking cone for the end. i hate my perrin one, i need to get a custom one made.

I'll be getting an ebay intake for my car eventually. Should only cost me about $30 plus the K&N.

I'll also probably get the Megan Racing Header for my car (leaving stock exhaust though...I want my car quiet and luxury).

I don't plan to spend a lot on this car (or even do a whole lot).

I have to say that I politely disagree with some of ya'll and will deffo be replacing my metal piping plus AEM intake and bypass valve for a real-deal whale penis intake again (I had one on my last sol but sold it cuz I needed money to buy my new one) once I have the cash. I love the sound, and, honestly, I did feel a better boost in low-end power with the whale penis than with my CAI setup. Plus, and I know the function over form police will hate me for this, I hate looking at my spray painted metal piping CAI in the engine bay knowing what could have been.

I'll be getting an ebay intake for my car eventually. Should only cost me about $30 plus the K&N.

I'll also probably get the Megan Racing Header for my car (leaving stock exhaust though...I want my car quiet and luxury).

I don't plan to spend a lot on this car (or even do a whole lot).

Like me then? Just want the clean look in engine compartment? I too am consideriing header! :thumbsup:

Like me then? Just want the clean look in engine compartment? I too am consideriing header! :thumbsup:

Exactly. I'm not hugely concerned with power gains since I do drive an automatic LX Accord (non-vtec). I just don't care for the looks of the stock airbox or nasty oem exhaust mani/heatshield.

I have the AEM CAI with bypass and yes it cost a little bit of money, but I had it at the time and didn't have anything else to spend it on. *shrugs* Plus I needed to replace my crappy eGay intake that came with the car and was falling apart. :wink:

I have AEM and I just found out the hold-down metal piece is broken where it attaches to pipe...some glue will fix that :D

That's funny. Mine did that too. That is to say, the AEM short ram intake the previous owner had put on my previous civic.

Then I got the full CAI.

the "stupid little sticker" is sometimes really necessary in some states hehe

I have AEM and I just found out the hold-down metal piece is broken where it attaches to pipe...some glue will fix that :D

I think he might have been referring to the AEM sticker, although the newer systems (well, for the past few years at least now lol) have a plaque on them rather than a sticker.

The CARB sticker is required in CA-land, though, as Lina mentioned. eBay intakes don't include those :laugh:

soo i have the cheap spectre filter thing on my del sol(my ex got it for me and it had one the homemade ones on it from the previous owners... and i actually kinda like it.. i just have a short ram cause i hit puddles too much.. but i still like it.. actually sounds good too

That can also be helped a bit by resetting your ECU, from what I hear.

Pull the ECU fuse, step on your brakes for a second or two, then put the fuse back in and start it up. Let me know if that actually does anything since I've never noticed much of a difference but it's apparently one of those "good" things to do.

That can also be helped a bit by resetting your ECU, from what I hear.

Pull the ECU fuse, step on your brakes for a second or two, then put the fuse back in and start it up. Let me know if that actually does anything since I've never noticed much of a difference but it's apparently one of those "good" things to do.

WaT???

Yeah, in all probability it won't do much at all, but I heard that that was exactly the problem it was supposed to solve. Basically the stock airbox sucks in air more than the CAI, so without resetting the ECU at idle it's pulling harder than it needs to and will whine like that.

Again, that's all just stuff I've heard. In real life, I've always done it and never seen much of a difference.

My fiance bought me the AEM CAI, I like it and definitely notice a difference from my ebay short ram intake that came with my sol.(which also had a filthy air filter) The car responds much better now. on a side note, some kid at school wanted my ebay short ram intake with the filthy filter and traded me for his AEM short ram intake with a pretty new filter. His reason was he wanted the 3inch piping and the aem was too small. so i happily traded him and now have both :)

Archived