ATTENTION~!!!! NEED HELP !!!!!&#33

jaymichael13

First off alot of the members here especially the elder members are all for performance with a nice CLEAN look. And 18's+, body kits, etc. are not generally considered as "clean". So this is why people are against the idea of 18's. But it is/will be your car and build so all the power goes to you. But if you ask peoples opinions they're give em to you and they may not always be nice or what you want to hear. But as I said its your car so you do what you want in the end.

Welcome to HF btw hope you stick around new members are always nice. Also I know its the internet I know its not English class but I can hardly read what you type.

EDIT: Why you never talk to me on AIM? I feal hatered!

one i had no idea u had aim. talk to me lol. adn i will try to slow down with my typing for u guys. i type realllllly fast . lol sorrryryyryr. but anyways. but he made a comment direct to insult me. big no-no but anywayz. i plan on sticky around lol

TBH dude on 18's your going to be rolling on no more than 1inch of rubber, VERY UNCOMFORTABLE, VERY BAD HANDLING!!!!!

your best performing rims are going to be your 15's and 16's, and TBH IMO they are the best looking.

this is what 17's look like with a 2" drop on a sol

mini-P1010047.jpg

was not a comfortable ride, and actually lost handling compared to the stock steelies. Sidewall is not a bad thing, atleast when done in moderation.

thats not completly true, most 18" rims i have seen are running 1.5-2 " of rubber, a 20" runs around an 1" rubber. but back to the main discussion....any help with good brands, non pricey brands??

NOt on a HOnda. Maybe when you see 18's or 20's on an escalade or 300C or something like that. If you run 2" rubber on 18's, you won't be able to drop it much if any at all.

Trust me, my integra went through a very brief stage with 18's before I had it and it was only a 1" drop and would rub at full turn....that's with 40 series tires.

Nice pick airjordan! And i agree 16's or 17's. I'm not all out performance in my mind I like a nice set of rims and some visual (while still keeping it clean) touchups as the next person. But anything over 17's are to big.

basically with 17" u get that nice look but lowered performance. with 16" u get betetr performance, including handeling, accelration, and lower weight, but the visual isnt as high,, hmm, this is a tough one, the price isnt that much more in between sizes so that doesnt helpppppp

I had 17's and they looked good IMO. But that was on a Civic. Sol's always look weird with big wheels. Since you have a 00 Si, you could easily pull off 17's if you wanted. 16 would be the perfect balance of handling and looks IMO though, because to me, even my 15" wheels look good IMO.

Archived