I can't sleep

CleanGSR

It's almost 2:30 in the morning and I've been laying in bed for 3.5 hours and can't sleep. I'm hardly ever up past 11pm. I think I'm just anxious because I don't know whether we are going to be making a 7-8 hour roundtrip tomorrow for the car or whether it will have to wait until Friday. I'm also nervous because the guy is picking up the integra at 4pm, so if we get the accord Friday we'll need to leave by about 7am at least. The guy hasn't emailed me back yet so I'm in limbo until he does. I'll be sitting at home all day tomorrow waiting for a response.

i couldn't live without a double bed or larger. lol. I was so used to a queen that when I moved back in with my mum in '06 it took me a bit before I got used to having a smaller, double bed. Now chris & I need to get a King soon otherwise we'll probably both end up with permanent bruising since we're both restless sleepers. haha.

When I HAVE to be asleep so I can wake up at a certain time...

no mountain dew 2 hours before I go to sleep, no working 2 hours before i go to sleep (includes checking emails and stuff), read a book or magazine for at least one hour.

If I have work that needs to be done or don't feel like reading I'll work out, hit the shower, then go to bed.

Sometimes I'll just walk around my neighborhood 4 times (2 miles total) while drinking a couple beerx and listening to some music. Once I get home my legs are usually burning, I've got a nice buzz, and I fall asleep as soon as I hit the mattress.

Pisses me off when I want to sleep but can't, yet can fall asleep so easily when I don't want to sleep.

Watching a movie usually gets me ready for sleep, though sometimes it turns into a 3-4 movie marathon and I just go back to work afterwards lol.

it doesn't matter what I do- I still don't sleep when i need to. lol. Even when I was working at the barn from 8am-9pm every day I'd still get home and spend most of the night awake, and that was even after an entire day of manual labor. Sex doesn't make me tired- in fact, I've been known to get up and go for a midnight swim afterwards (after I'd taken a shower!). Most of time, i usually end up passing out just out of sheer exhaustion after a few days. lol

Well I finally fell asleep last night at around 3:30-4. I only got about 4-5 hours of sleep and we've been on the road all day looking for a car (to no avail. might I add). I am so beat right now that I can barely function to type this. Hopefully my sleeping goes better tonight.

Now that I have to wake up anywhere from 5-7 AM during the week, I've been going to bed between 10 & 12 (depending on where I'm sleeping any given night, lol. I haven't slept in my own bed in 2-3 weeks). I sleep until about 9 on the weekends now. My main problem is just having way too many thoughts as I'm trying to fall asleep.

The easiest thing to try is to stop doing anything other than sleeping in your bed, no reading, no watching tv, etc. Although, you're not supposed to watch tv or listen to music while you sleep anyway, as it gives you a worse night's sleep.

hm, then yoga isn't the cure for not-sleeping for you...

Nope, lol. I have to be extremely tired, or need to have a drink before bed, for me to be able to fall right asleep.

Archived