Help Me.

CleanGSR

Carmax sucks then...

I'd build a shell+motor with you, if we lived closer :D

You are looking at craigslist now? Autotrader?

I've looked at both and all I find is stuff like a 1995 Civic DX with no power options, no cruise, etc.....(basically stripped down). with 160,000 miles for $4000.

Or a 1991 Honda Accord LX, fully loaded, perfect condition interior and exterior, 121,000 miles (hideous maroon interior though) for $4000 (kbb only worth 3300)

Everybody seems to think they're crap is made of gold.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^true lol

hm...something good hopefully will come up :)

what was your zip again? I searched on here to find it but couldn't...

65559 is my zip code. Do you think I should send an email to the civic above and ask if they'd be willing to take $3,000?, or would that be too lowballing?

I already emailed them and asked if "what is the lowest you would take? Would you consider taking $3,000?".

I don't want to offer to buy it tomorrow until I see it, but if they will take 3k, then I'll have my dad go look at it in the morning and go buy it if he says it checks out.

It looks incredible in the pictures, but we've seen how that can be.....lol. Luckily the place is 9 miles from my parents house so I can have them go look at it tomorrow morning and possibly test drive it for me. I'd really like to have cruise control for all the highway driving I do, but could survive without it if they will come down to $3,000.

Here's pictures of it.

8274303921.250196738.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

8274303922.250196738.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

8274303923.250196738.IM1.03.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

8274303924.250196738.IM1.04.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

8274303925.250196738.IM1.05.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Edit: THe nice thing about getting a civic is that I have the stock Del Sol VTEC wheels sitting in my garage, so I could put those on the car (I'd repaint them silver, but pics below for reference)

IMG_0917.jpg

So, those wheels and a mild drop with a set of Tein S-techs would look really nice on that '95 above.

then I gotta put up new pics of my car...very clean and 0" wheel gap hehehehe

Try my negative 2 finger gap. Tucking about an inch or more in the front.

My car got picked up tonight. The new owner and his friend were astonished at how clean the car was. They were both seriously amazed and excited, and happy. They said they have never seen an integra this clean except for one of their friends with an ITR. It made me feel good to see that all of my hard work was appreciated and respected.

Well, it's gone and to a good owner I think so it should be in good hands. He said he's changing the timing belt and water pump tomorrow morning and then soon he plans to put in his fresh built GSR trans. and front brake upgrade.

It was really sad seeing it drive off and I never thought I would get so attached to a car. Now that it's gone I know that it was by far my favorite car I've ever had. I miss it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for my New Car Search

The gray 1995 Civic DX said that the lowest they would take is 3500. So, they wouldn't meet me at 3,000 but came down quite a bit. I'm having my dad look it over tomorrow morning, check it for scratches, dings, rust, matching vin's on motor and body, smoke, leaks, etc..... Plus he's going to test drive it for me and let me know how it drives. If all works out, I'll get the loan in the morning and go pick it up in the afternoon.

SO.....yes, 3500 is still high for that car, but if you could see the kind of CRAP that is selling for around 3,000 in my area (like a 88 caprice wagon made of rust) then you'd understand me spending 3500 on a really clean civic.

Lina - That car you posted was from early august and when I emailed it was gone.

aw hugs :)

I'm glad the new owner is good :D We all respect you and your cars and how awesomely nice and clean your gsr was :) Anyone, with an appreciation for cars, would love your car :) and hehe your -2 inch totally beats mine! :D

oops I didn't look at the date!

Hopefully this one your dad is gonna look at is a good one :)

Well, my dad just got ahold of me. He test drove the civic and said it drove really well, no shimmy's/vibrations, shifted well, etc..... But, he said the front end had a ton of really bad rock chips and dings. Interior was rough shape and carpet on drivers side was worn completely through.

I thought that 3500 for a stripped down Civic DX was high in the first place, but in that condition, definitely not worth it.

I offered 3000 for a 91 Accord Sedan in really, really good condition. Body is in about perfect condition except a 1-2" rust spot on each rear fender well (I could fix that). INterior is in great shape, but a horrible maroon....still though. Power everything and only 120k'ish miles (which is super, super low for a 91). Anyway, it only books at right over 3,000 so I won't give them a penny over that. They were asking 4,000 so I'll be shocked if they drop to 3,000.....even still I'm a little unsure about the accord, I"m just having very little luck finding anything decent.

It really pisses me off, because 4-5 months ago when I tried to sell my car, there were literally 4-5 cars in the 3000-4000 price range that I would have liked to buy. Now there's nothing.

Well.....I bought a car today. Can't say more because we just got home from getting it, but it's a Honda, I bought it sight unseen (based on my dad's looking it over) and talked them down $1500 (but still went over my budget by $400). I had the extra cash though so the loan is only 4k. More info later, I have homework due at 10pm.

Okay...got my assignment done.

I picked up a white 1997 Honda Accord LX Sedan. It's fully loaded, with cruise, power everything, auto tranny, etc... Beige interior that honestly looks like nobody has ever ridden in it (better interior condition than my teg was). Even the carpet floor mats have zero wear on them.

The exterior is probably a 8.5 out of 10. A few minor dings and scratches but very unnoticable since it is white. Car is going to look incredible when I get the time to put the paint through my rigorous detail. No rust anywhere.

Engine is really smooth, tranny shifts nice. 158,000 miles and on the 2 hour drive home it drove like it had 158 miles. I only got on it hard once when I was almost home and I was honestly shocked at the power. I figured the thing would be horribly sluggish, but it pulled really hard and was mucho torquey compared to my teg. Nice to know it's got a little pep if I need it.

So, they were asking 5900 and my dad told them (I was on the phone negotiating through my dad) that it was much higher than I planned to spend. He said he could get it between 4 and 5 grand. I told my dad to tell him that I was approved for 4,000, how close could they get to that? They came back with 4400 which was good enough for me. I had 250 extra from the tegs sale and borrowed 150 from my parents to cover the difference over my 4,000 loan.

I'm pretty pumped and car looks sweet. I'd like to get a set of Tein S-tech springs (but can't for awhile since I ate up my extra money). Car sits like a 4x4. I'd also like to pick up some stock accord or prelude wheels in the future as the car just has hubcaps.

Pictures tomorrow if I have time to wash it.

Nice. Somehow I knew you weren't going to settle.

How are you paying for tax/registration if you just ate up your extra money and then some?

I have a Bill of Sale for the integra's sale for 8000.00. I present that when I register this and I pay the difference between my old car and my new car (I get to deduct the old car's sale the same as if it were a trade in). So, I won't have to pay a penny in taxes and registration should only cost a transfer fee for the plates. I expect to get out of there for about 5 bucks.

Archived