Rear Sway Bar for Si

maocro

I'm getting ready to upgrade the suspension on my 95 Si (lowering, coilovers). I also want to add a rear sway bar and know that I need to get some VTEC suspension parts in order to install a rear sway on an S/Si. I've got diagrams of the VTEC and S/Si rear suspensions. There's 10 parts listed for the VTEC that are part of the rear sway bar (minus the bar itself). Will I need all of these, or just the lower rear arms? If anyone has done this, could you provide some guidance on what specific VTEC parts I will need?

Thanks!

I'm getting ready to upgrade the suspension on my 95 Si (lowering, coilovers). I also want to add a rear sway bar and know that I need to get some VTEC suspension parts in order to install a rear sway on an S/Si. I've got diagrams of the VTEC and S/Si rear suspensions. There's 10 parts listed for the VTEC that are part of the rear sway bar (minus the bar itself). Will I need all of these, or just the lower rear arms? If anyone has done this, could you provide some guidance on what specific VTEC parts I will need?

Thanks!

you need the sway, lca's, endlinks, subframe bushings, and the correct bolts. that is all.

Why not just get an aftermarket rear sway? They hook up in almost the exact same way and would be a cheaper option.

cheaper? $30 for a rear 14mm bar with bushings and end links, $30 for lca's, $6 bucks for bolts at the hardware store...you're looking at alot more than that for aftermarket sway bar set-up.

Why not just get an aftermarket rear sway? They hook up in almost the exact same way and would be a cheaper option.

Actually I am planning on getting an aftermarket sway, but I've read that I'll need the suspension hardware from the VTEC to install it on an Si.

Actually I am planning on getting an aftermarket sway, but I've read that I'll need the suspension hardware from the VTEC to install it on an Si.

no you dont need to.

i have the s model and bought an anti-sway kit from suspension techniques. bolts right on

no you dont need to.

i have the s model and bought an anti-sway kit from suspension techniques. bolts right on

I'm looking at the Eibach Pro System Plus, which includes front & rear sways. Maybe I should just call them (duh!) and see if it's a straight forward bolt-on for an Si.

I'm looking at the Eibach Pro System Plus, which includes front & rear sways. Maybe I should just call them (duh!) and see if it's a straight forward bolt-on for an Si.

they will fit

IIRC the Eibach ones bolt right on to an Si's suspension. Only if you plan on installing them on an S do you need to upgrade the front LCAs. You should be fine.

i didnt have to upgrade mine

IIRC the Eibach ones bolt right on to an Si's suspension. Only if you plan on installing them on an S do you need to upgrade the front LCAs. You should be fine.

Thanks Mitch. BTW I'm getting it painted next week (Milano Red, of course).