catholic church and darwin

Rick B.

this is not a religious bashing thread. in fact, i found an interesting article.

here are a couple quotes, and the link to the article is below

"The Catholic Church teaches "theistic evolution," a stand that accepts evolution as a scientific theory and sees no reason why God could not have used a natural evolutionary process in the forming of the human species."

"The Vatican said on Tuesday the theory of evolution was compatible with the Bible"

news

now cant we all just get along

I can't say I disagree really. It is possible that the big bang is what god used to create the heaven's and the earth. In regards to the time scales being different. The bible says "....with God, a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like a day", meaning that to God there really is no concept of time.

I believe it's farfetched to think that what God called one day (of the seven days of creation) to be one day as we currently know it. His one day could have been closer to thousands of years to us. I believe the 7 days are used to give a time table as to what events happened together during creation.

I'll even take it one step further and talk about aliens or life on other planets. The bible mentions nothing of it, but it also doesn't mention against the possiblity. If Rick gets a fish aquarium with a bunch of fish, then decides to get a second aquarium for another room, would each set of fish know about the others? No... Even if Rick tried to tell the fish for some reason, it would be too much for them to grasp as so much less intelligent as Rick. I don't think it's any different with God. He could have created the heavens and the earth and many other places as well, but none of the others have to do with us so we weren't informed. That's my theory.

Archived