Short shifter

KenGSR

I bought my car and It came with a short shifter I dont know what kind It Is I'ved looked theres no name on It prolly an ebay special It seems to bind a bit so i was thinking of buying a good one any Sujestion on what Would be my best choice?

I bought my car and It came with a short shifter I dont know what kind It Is I'ved looked theres no name on It prolly an ebay special It seems to bind a bit so i was thinking of buying a good one any Sujestion on what Would be my best choice?

OEM. I used to have a DC Sports Short Shifter in my integra (great quality). I recently switched back to OEM and I was HUGELY shocked at how much smoother the shifts were with the stock shifter. I honestly think I can shift faster with the stock one than with a stiff aftermarket Short shifter.

If you do want a good short shifter, skunk2 makes theirs with steel so there's no chance of it ever breaking and it weighs more for "more positive shifting" at least that's what their ad says. New they're like $100.

B&M is around $60 or so new and I've heard mixed things about them. Mostly good though.

Also, avoid the el cheapo ebay shifter at all costs. Very dangerous. :nono: I had a cheap shifter on my civic when I got it (I found out it was a cheap one the hard way) and after nearly 3 years of driving with it, I was racing my pal and when I slammed it into 2nd gear, the shifter snapped in 2. I freaked out and luckily was able to use the nub that was left to get it into neutral.

I got the blox shifter now in my hatch if you wana save money over the skunk2 go with the blox had the skunk2 in my old teg and i dont see the difference between either but im happy with my blox came with the bronze wieghted shift knob as well for around the same price you would pay just for the skunk2 short shifter but yea i would either go back to oem or go with skunk2 or blox for aftermarket IMO

Archived