New Acura in the Family

Well, I just got off the phone with my parents. They had sold their 05 civic about a month ago and have been car shopping. They just bought a 2009 Acura TSX in a really nice blue. They traded the Del Sol in and picked it up yesterday. Anyway, I thought it was pretty sweet and they are now a 2 car family. S2000 for fun and 2009 TSX for the daily driver.

I'll be detailing it next time I'm down in there area and I'll have pictures soon after.

I bet the dealer bent them over hard on trading that Sol.

Surprised you did not try to talk them into selling it directly to max out the value.

I saw the title and thought you made the leap and traded the teg for the TSX...

Well, the del sol.....depends on how you look at it.

They gave them 5,000 trade in which is actually really good for an 14 year old Del Sol. My dad probably could have sold it outright for 6k but it was probably worth the grand to not mess with it.

The nice thing is they sold the civic for 11,000 (which was paid off) and traded in the del sol for 5,000 so they only had to finance 14k for a 2009 TSX with 8 miles on it.

Downside to the whole thing is that some 16yr old punk is going to get it and either rice it out with altezzas and a 3" aluminum spoiler or cover it in hello kitty stickers and JDM old driver tags.

Downside to the whole thing is that some 16yr old punk is going to get it and either rice it out with altezzas and a 3" aluminum spoiler or cover it in hello kitty stickers and JDM old driver tags.

hahaha! That would piss me off!

Hey doesn't the new TSX come with awd? Or is that just the "type s"?

Actually, one of the car salesman acted like he was interested in the sol. I think that may be why they gave a good trade in amount. Hopefully that means it won't get riced out since it's not some teenage ricer.

hahaha! That would piss me off!

Hey doesn't the new TSX come with awd? Or is that just the "type s"?

I think it's FWD. Maybe the TL type S is gonna be awd for 09, but the 09 TL's aren't out yet.

Your parents sure know how to pick em. Those are some nice vehicles.

Why didn't they want the Civic anymore? jw

Well, they've had it for 3 years, put 70-80,000 miles on it and was just ready to upgrade. My mom has back problems so the nicer riding TSX is good and more room for when they are with friends. Plus they were able to finance less than they did on the civic originally since both it and the del sol were paid for.

Funny story is that my parents were thinking about selling the civic (though not for sale yet) and were looking around at some car lots for fun. A couple came up and asked if they were thinking of selling or trading in the civic to which my dad replied, yeah, thinking about it. They asked how much he wanted (11,000) and about 2 weeks later after a couple of test drives, the couple bought it. Lucky deal for them.

Makes sense if they need more room and its more comfortable for your mom. I was just thinking there's no way I'd trade mine in (if its running well) just to have more payments. IDC if it is a nicer car, I'd rather not have any payments to make.

Makes sense if they need more room and its more comfortable for your mom. I was just thinking there's no way I'd trade mine in (if its running well) just to have more payments. IDC if it is a nicer car, I'd rather not have any payments to make.

My parents have always been that way. I tried to talk them into a used TSX, but they almost always buy new (only twice in my lifetime have they bought used and those weren't their main cars).

My parents financed the civic brand new for 3 years which was over 500/month. The TSX they plan to keep for at least 4 years so their payments are only $350.....plus insurance dropped about $40/month by going to 2 cars from 3.

dood your parents are cool as hell a S2k and a TSX wow, my parents drive 2001 impala SS, 96 impala SS (i thinks its a 96, the caprice bodystyle) and random trucks my step dad buys and sells

YEah, and the S2000 has a Veilside front bumper, hood, rear bumper, carbon veilside wing, 7" LCD molded in the dash with rear camera and DVD, etc..... My dad's pretty cool.

Well, they just called and got the windows tinted today. 35% on the front two side windows, 20% on all the others.

thats awesome man, i can see where you get the nice styling from now, lol :thumbsup:

*wipes off brown stuff from nose, from that little ass kissing session* ROFLMAO

Thats right....the TL-S is what I was thinking of.

Yeah its definitly the new TL.

YEah, and the S2000 has a Veilside front bumper, hood, rear bumper, carbon veilside wing, 7" LCD molded in the dash with rear camera and DVD, etc..... My dad's pretty cool.

Well, they just called and got the windows tinted today. 35% on the front two side windows, 20% on all the others.

Nice your dad does sound like a pretty sweet and tasteful guy.

SO why don't they just lease if they only keep cars for 3-4 years anyways?

Because you lose money on a lease....big time. They made 11,000 cash money on the sale of their civic. If it had been a lease, they would have had to give it back and made $0.

Sure, payments would have been less, but you also have to put a few thousand down with a lease. Leasing a Honda/Acura would be a dumb idea since they hold their value incredibly well.

No leasing a ford or chevy that drops value like crazy might be a decent idea, but not and Acura/Honda.

Good deal for them it sounds. But sad to see such a banging sol go that thing was sick.

Yeah I saw that car and I loved it! Too bad but hey a new car is always good but car payments do suck.

Happy to hear we have a new acura joining us.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump....my folks are down tonight so I'm detailing the car tonight and tomorrow. Tonight is a wash, clay and possibly start polishing. Tomorrow is the big day of polishing and sealant. I'm not too sure how much polishing it will need....the dealer installed swirls looked pretty bad in the sun but Honda/Acura usually has fairly soft clear so it may not be too bad to clean up. Pictures in the next couple of days (probably Sunday).

Archived