Let's see some Honda motor knowledge

Hondahunter

i know what they have in common...

they're b series.. as in they suck

haha!

Why hating on the Bs???

34/37 MPG sound bad??

And thanks Jordan! I feel like a tard for not checking that, but thanks. I wanted to research that.

Why hating on the Bs???

34/37 MPG sound bad??

And thanks Jordan! I feel like a tard for not checking that, but thanks. I wanted to research that.

Dear lord no, their MPG isn't that high...just ask cmgogo. :rolleyes:

Apparently not. He linked statistics that say they get 25.

Was not referring to that post, which I did go back and read the link that he posted. Which you always have to take those sites with a grain salt! I was referring to post #19! http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showt...=30913&st=0:thumbsup:

He has done several modifications to get to his 40\50 MPG range! I really dont think you could do the same mods to a B-series and get to same range. More likely you would see a 30\40ish range? Not too sure? I do have a few friends running B-Series and they are seeing 35 as their max. I might be able to do better, with my driving habits, but wont know until I get my V-Tec model Sol!

Sorry I had actually missed his later post.>_<

kats, shut up and let the adults speak for once okay?

anyways,

as far as the b's go, im not sure

and yes D's get constat higher MPG ratings than B's

however, a poorly tuned D will get worse MPG than a well tuned B

and yes i have done NUMEROUS mods to my d16y7 to get it to run in the very high 40's low 50's (constantly)

such as

Reduced intake diameter

Hot air intake

Radiator front dam (in winter, and 1/2 dam fall and spring)

warmer T-stat

Crimped Exhaust

Lowered

Stiffer engine mounts

and a trans swap (originaly had a S, then Si, then back to S trans)

a B series with the same mods would get great gas milage (low to mid 40's) but would be boring as hell to drive, the whole reason to own a B is for the performance of it, the reason to own a d16y7 is to enjoy the gas sipping qualities of it.

and yeah, i know im going to get flack from kats but thats cool, hes an idiot anyways, atleast when it comes to fuel economy so dont bother listening to him.

i'm getting between 26 and 35 mpg on my B16A3.

for the original question, what's the difference between the B16A3, A2 etc....

B16A3 is from the Del Sol 94-95 OBD1

B16A2 is from the Del Sol 96-97 OBD2

B16B is from the Civic 99-00 OBD2 Destroked B18C5 (factory P&P with a slightly higher compression then the B16A) and a strengthen'd valvetrain & better cams

B16A from what i've gathered is 91 and earlier and OBD0 or the JDM version

Each model of the B16 has slight differences in the head.

the B16A3 and A2 are identical with the exception for OBD 1 and 2

well i love my d16z6.. but everyone tells me it doesnt run like a normal d16 haha

and i kinda hang out with a guy(guy who painted it) that hates b series and it kinda rubbed off on me.. and everyone does the swap and i dont think its worth it.. ill never put a b in my car.. maybe an h.. but no b

and i saw a b18 del sol the other night.. wasnt that great

oh and besides being quicker then the cars around here(i think my motor is on crack! haha) i get like 35 in the city.. little more on the highway.. and thats me driving the hell outta it most of the time

now that my clutch is broke in ill get one of my friends in the car with me and ill take a vid of how the car runs

they're b series.. as in they suck

thats the stupidest thing ive ever read on this forum. werent you the one that crashed your car street racing? must have been hauling ass with your d-series.

:laugh:

I liked my little Z6 but as far as being a power house, I think not! :thumbsup:

Then again compared to current hatch, it was night and day! >_<

But it's doing what you wanted, you gas miser you! :wink:

thats the stupidest thing ive ever read on this forum. werent you the one that crashed your car street racing? must have been hauling ass with your d-series.

owch! pwnd!!!

i dunno what the hatred is about B series engines, they are awesome engines IMO and why go with an H series? you can't do much with them as far as after market really. the market is all about B D and K series. so that should tell you something right there.

I'll take my 8200 redline anyday :D

dont get me wrong, if i had the $$ to burn (literaly) i would prob have a B or a K myself, but as i drive a little over 60 miles a day 6 days a week, i can afford to burn all that gas, especialy not at 4$ a gallon.

now one day when i got the $$ and another car to make my DD ill build up the sol and prob swap in a B and boost it.

Archived