cell phone question

im currently using net10, its a prepaid carrier.

i wanna use same number, so i check t-mobile site and it says, i can use keep my number.

however the phone i want to use is a cingular treo 650, would it work on the carrier t-mobile?

Pretty sure Cingular only works with well... Cingular lol. I thought that was generally the case. The phones are generally produced for a single company. Same reason why you can't use the iphone on a verizon plan,etc.

i unlocked it already, problem is i dont know if it would work under t-mobiles prepaid plan.

also, the iPhone is unlocked now for all carriers. my question is simple, can i use it for a prepaid plan? under another carrier?

i unlocked it already, problem is i dont know if it would work under t-mobiles prepaid plan.

also, the iPhone is unlocked now for all carriers. my question is simple, can i use it for a prepaid plan? under another carrier?

Well as far as a prepaid phone plan being used on another phone, im sure it will work as long as you insert your sim card (that is if you have one)...

as far as the iphone being unlocked for all carriers, last I heard it was only for AT&T and Tmobile if you jailbreak it....but those were the only carriers that i know that can support the iphone

The original iPhone can be hacked to work with T-Mobile. A friend has had one working with it since not long after launch. The 3G only works on AT&T, though. The original also works on other carriers, but is not 100%.

Verizon also offers the Treo 650, not sure what other carriers do. You should be able to keep your number with most any major carrier nowadays.

I believe the original iPhone also works with AT&T's prepaid service, the 3G does not.

I'll gladly take my CDMA-crap when it means that I actually have service, lol. AT&T & T-Mobile coverage in this general vicinity is utter sh*t. Sprint's is slight better than those two, but Sprint is Sprint and I don't care for their bullsh*t pricing and shutting service off for no reason.

Well here At&T is good here, not bad...I get 3g service pretty much everywhere for the internet, but when im at certain bars the service is horrible...

Sprint on the other hand, I had service everywhere, and even in Mexico, when i went down there I had service all the way into Guadalajara....so they were excellent, just customer service sucked...but the main reason why I left is unknown charges and overall customer service was terrible....tmobile and verizon have service everywhere, but that doesnt mean the service is good, my friends that do have tmoble or verizon have service in the areas i dont but there calls are dropped all the time

Archived