What Oil do you use?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Del Slow

Valvoline VR1 20w-50

SRT-4

Amsoil 10w-30 Racing Oil

To whoever said that Royal Purple is the best, they need to take some notes from our SRT friend here because that AMSOil is the best as proven time and time again by indpenedent testers. Good stuff.

To whoever said that Royal Purple is the best, they need to take some notes from our SRT friend here because that AMSOil is the best as proven time and time again by indpenedent testers. Good stuff.

agreed, i used to use it, but my dealer moved (that sounds so bad)

now i use 5w 30 Mobil 1 fully synthetic

Sportinjection is a dealer! :thumbsup: I am going to buy through him!

He's right me and my dad are dealers (not drugs, just amsoil). If you need a quote just hit me up and I'll see what I can do.

Mods, If this post isn't OK just delete it, Promise I'm not trying to spam, just wanting to let people know.

Pennzoil dinosaur juice. $9 for 5 quarts

Also, I mix it up sometimes topping off with 10-30 even though I filled it with 5-30 or 5-20. Is that okay to do?

Also, I usually use 10w30 in the summer and 5w20 in the winter (thinner oil for cold starts). Is this a good practice?

Cars in question are d15 run-around dd's. Nothing performance oriented or expensive or really anything I care too much about.

However, I will soon be dropping in a B18c1 into "hatch 1". I would like to know which weight I should stick with for it. And before you guys say "amsoil or mobile one synthetic", I don't intend to spend more than 12-15 on oil each change.

Also, I mix it up sometimes topping off with 10-30 even though I filled it with 5-30 or 5-20. Is that okay to do?

Also, I usually use 10w30 in the summer and 5w20 in the winter (thinner oil for cold starts). Is this a good practice?

Mixing multiweights is fine, it's only single weights that cannot combine, but no one uses single weights anymore :rolleyes:

I used to run 10w-30 for summer and 5w-30 for winter. There's nothing wrong with it. I went to 5w-30 year-round simply because I don't push my vehicles hard enough to warrant the heavier weight oil. *shrugs*

However, I will soon be dropping in a B18c1 into "hatch 1". I would like to know which weight I should stick with for it. And before you guys say "amsoil or mobile one synthetic", I don't intend to spend more than 12-15 on oil each change.

why spend money on a swap if you want to use cheap oil/filters??

royal purple around here is $7.30 a quart

but seriously if you dont want to take care of a motor.. dont do a swap.. it'll be a waste of time

when i first got my sol i bought the cheapest crap i could find and then decided to take care of the motor and spent the money on royal purple and noticed a big change...

i found this from royal purple on how often to change it:

"Royal Purple recommends following the manufacturer’s maintenance intervals

while the vehicle is under factory warranty. In clean engines that are no longer

under warranty, oil change intervals may be extended up to every 12,000 miles or

annually, whichever comes first. Oil filter changes should be done as

recommended by the filter's manufacturer and oil should be topped off as needed.

In dirty engines, Royal Purple recommends the standard 3,000

to 5,000 mile oil and filter change interval until the engine oiling system is

clean and free of deposits left by lower quality oils and / or poor maintenance

or mechanical problems. This will allow time to gradually remove existing

deposits without overloading the oiling system. "

so basically i spend $40 or less on oil and a filter every oil change while you spend $15 every oil change

soo going for the 12k miles they talk about... you end up spending about $45 - $60 or so on oil changes with your cheap oil changing it every 3k-5k and i spend $40 on mine with my better oil and one oil change..

i think im coming out better and taking better care of my motor while spending less :thumbsup:

p.s. i know people who have went almost 15k with royal purple before they felt they needed to change it(i wouldnt do that but hey they can go ahead)

all you have to do is spend the money once or twice(depending on how dirty your motor is) to get the motor clean and awesome and then you get the wonderful long intervals between changes

and im not tryin to be a b*tch.. just making a point

Archived