How to fix Rust with bondo? DIY help needed

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Step by step details:

1) Cut out rust.

2) Get replacement pannels or sheet metal.

3) Weld

^ +1

exactly what i was going to say :thumbsup:

But common sense still tells me not to paper mache my car.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! lol :laugh:

^ +1

exactly what i was going to say :thumbsup:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! lol :laugh:

CT9A you are the biggest yes man i have come across in a while. Do me a favor and avoid posting in my threads.

I understand that to fix it right I should weld. I have decided this this is the route I will take to try and learn how to weld.

Thanks for all the feedback, both positive and negative!

and another thing... when you ask for help it generalizes towards EVERYONE in the forum, and yes that includes good ole ME... especially if someone has had previous experience with bondo, like i have had myself (put bondo on the doors and roof of a 94 pontiac sunbird)

one thing is that bondo does actually hold up pretty good if you know how to use it right... b/c the guys sunbird that i helped my step dad put the bondo on, he got t-boned and nothing fell off it just messed up the doors where he got hit which was where the bondo/sheet metal was...

• 2 weeks later...

Changed my mind after pricing the welding supplies and spent $10 on bondo, looks good to me.

CIMG0234.jpg

CIMG0238.jpg

CIMG0199.jpg

the rust will be back through on that within months

LOL, it wont matter because some unlucky bastard will own it. I will continue to post images of the progress, its really coming along well! Anyone in the Michigan area looking to buy?

LOL, it wont matter because some unlucky bastard will own it. I will continue to post images of the progress, its really coming along well! Anyone in the Michigan area looking to buy?

If Ben calls himself a tool, what would he call this guy? :crazy:

wow. just wow.

eat a d!ck

You sound hurt, stop acting like a bitch s_abdell! I know most wont like it but based on the economy i have no choice but to use mud on it. Blame Bush!!!

You sound hurt, stop acting like a bitch s_abdell! I know most wont like it but based on the economy i have no choice but to use mud on it. Blame Bush!!!

You should've just saved the money and not done crap to it. Fix it right or don't fix it at all.

Bell is more than capable of defending herself, so I only have this to say! GTFO!!!!!!!!! :rant:

Sorry, you can't blame this one on Bush. You're fixing up a car that you plan to turn around and sell for a profit. All you needed to do was to do the work right, and simply cut your profit by some. Otherwise, as others mentioned, you could have sold it as-is with the rust and it would be the buyer's problem to fix it. Instead, you opted for the cheap temporary fix in order to trick a buyer into thinking that the body is clean.

If this economy was so hard on you, you wouldn't have the spare cash laying around in order buy a car simply to sell it. I hardly see why you'd need to have four cars, either.

Ash, ever had to ban someone for being a douchesack? Cuz im thinking this guy would fit nicely in the history books as the first.

As far as blamin Bush for you being a tightwad... go vote or osama and see how much money you have layin around at the end of his one and only term..

Well that solves it... Ash, you need to ban this as*hole...you have three (semi)regular members that agree(i am the "semi" in that equation)...simple as that..

lol, we can't ban (well, "indefinitely suspend") members simply because they make terrible choices :laugh:

let's please keep the bashing/profanity to a minimum.

"bashin to a min"...?....

Never gonna happen... just start warning me...

even though, the way i see it, if you cant ban him, you shouldnt be able to warn me....

>_<

i've been called worse, by far better people. i am indeed a bitch, kinda proud of it.

i stand by my previous statement of u being a douche canoe however. you seem to think that you can post @ssholey statements like the one you did, and not receive any @ssholey ones back. I'm afraid it doesn't work like that f*ck stick. if you make a thread about your intentional deceptive propensities, you're gonna be bashed for it.

Archived