Iphone 3g discussion

Well.....how funny is this.

About 2 weeks ago I broke down and told my work that I need a company cell phone and I wouldn't be able to use my personal cell for work calls anymore since it was acting up a lot. A week later I was told that they would in fact get me a company cell phone but it would be just a basic cell phone....no text/data plan (whatever I guess). So I was expecting some cheapo basic cell phone. Late last week I get told that my cell phone is in and to stop by the secretary's office and pick it up.

What did I get? A Samsung Blackjack (not the BJ2 though). Very cool. At first I didn't like it much but after getting used to it I love it and it blows away the Palm Software Interface. Anyway, I'm probably not going to even upgrade my phone now but will seriously consider getting the BlackJack 2 for my wife and throw an 8gb Micro SDHC card in hers. So it looks like I won't have to sell my soul to AT&T and Steve Jobs this time around.

Nioyce! Well I've decided not to purchase the new iphone for the simple fact is im paying 10 extra bucks a month to my already 150 dollar bill..so no thanks lol

So the girl that helps me out when i go to AT&T for my discount, said that i wouldnt have to pay for that extra 10 bucks according to the new service...so i think since ive been so 50/50 about the phone im actually getting it, too bad waiting for 3 hours this morning was a waste of time...well hopefully i get one later after work...but i'll keep you updated.

well the new 3g will have pretty much the same stuff, but just the fact i sold my 1g iphone last night for 375.00 so I HAVES NO IPHONE :(....

put it on craigslist quick! they are selling quick cause no one figured out how to unlock the 3g for other carriers yet, and you can downgrade from 2.0 software lol...so yea do it now and sell! i've got my pearly white 3g goodness lol

Its not bad actually, I really was all not about the 3g, but after experiencing the speed and the new features its really worth the money spent. Yea I listed my old 8gb and my brothers 4gb and they were taken off/ Flagged because people assumed i was ripping people off, but 200 for a 4gb and 8 for 275 isnt bad, but i ended up gettin more than i expected because the guy wanted to purchase my phone before two others...so i wasnt going to pass that option up

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up the 3G today. Had to wait in line for an hour. Was it worth upgrading from my original iPhone? Yes. 3G is BLAZING fast compared to sh*tty edge, and I get coverage everywhere since I'm in Chicago. The true GPS is freaking awesome, makes the tower triangulation from before look archaic. Another neat feature is photos you take can be geotagged with GPS info. Plus the GPS is used in some of the new apps.

Aluminum back on the old iPhone? No, just shiny silver plastic. I got my new phone in black and like how it looks a lot better. Yeah it shows fingerprints, but nothing a quick wipe with a microfiber cloth can't solve. Also another HUGE upgrade over the old phone is the FLUSH headphone jack. Now you can use ANY set of headphones instead of being locked into the Apple earbuds due to the recessed jack on the old phone. The phone itself is exactly 0.5mm taller than the old one, 1.1mm wider, 0.7mm thicker, and 2g lighter.

As for the data plan, you pay an extra $10 a month, but since it uses 3G there is no included text plan. I just got 200 a month for $5 since I don't like crazy. Also, there's an $18 "upgrade fee" whatever the f*ck that's supposed to be for. And as said before, it's much easier on your wallet if you are already a current AT&T customer and are eligible for an upgrade. The unsubsidized phone costs $399 for 8GB and $499 for 16GB.

If you're on the fence about upgrading over the old iPhone, I say go for it. I don't know how I put up with edge for so long, definitely worth it.

yeah i got the new 3g too. i like it a lot but the stupid fee was, well stupid. and also, the text msging thing pissed me off. but other than that, its a ton better. plus, the screen is a tad bigger :) but that also sucks b/c i had an extra screen cover from my old which i couldnt use, and the same thing with my old cover.

i just got the new samsung instinct for sprint a few days ago, and i love this freakin thing.

the gps has live traffic updates and even gives me the average speed that the cars are going in the slowed down zone and can bypass them individually in case i want to miss one traffic jam and i want to get stuck in another. lol. i can also bypass all traffic too.

the live tv is a cool feature, and ive used it a couple times.

internet is fast as crap on it.

and there are so many more features, too many to list.

oh, and i forgot who said that there was a delay when you push a button on the touch screen. i have noticed no such delay.

and being able to send video mail is pretty cool.

and the simply everything plan where its all unlimited for $99 is just nice.

I picked up the 3G today. Had to wait in line for an hour. Was it worth upgrading from my original iPhone? Yes. 3G is BLAZING fast compared to sh*tty edge, and I get coverage everywhere since I'm in Chicago. The true GPS is freaking awesome, makes the tower triangulation from before look archaic. Another neat feature is photos you take can be geotagged with GPS info. Plus the GPS is used in some of the new apps.

Aluminum back on the old iPhone? No, just shiny silver plastic. I got my new phone in black and like how it looks a lot better. Yeah it shows fingerprints, but nothing a quick wipe with a microfiber cloth can't solve. Also another HUGE upgrade over the old phone is the FLUSH headphone jack. Now you can use ANY set of headphones instead of being locked into the Apple earbuds due to the recessed jack on the old phone. The phone itself is exactly 0.5mm taller than the old one, 1.1mm wider, 0.7mm thicker, and 2g lighter.

As for the data plan, you pay an extra $10 a month, but since it uses 3G there is no included text plan. I just got 200 a month for $5 since I don't like crazy. Also, there's an $18 "upgrade fee" whatever the f*ck that's supposed to be for. And as said before, it's much easier on your wallet if you are already a current AT&T customer and are eligible for an upgrade. The unsubsidized phone costs $399 for 8GB and $499 for 16GB.

If you're on the fence about upgrading over the old iPhone, I say go for it. I don't know how I put up with edge for so long, definitely worth it.

Yea I just looked at my bill and paid for it, but noticed my bill was about 40 bucks off, and i was paying a hella lot for the first month, so make sure if you had unlimited text on your iphone or any other unlimited plan that you added, well its no longer added you need to re-add that...its funny how the apple store didnt do that, so for the 250+ texts that i sent out at .20 per text...well thats an extra 50 i had to cover...so REVIEW YOUR BILL...oh and that service charge was never explained to me prior to buying the phone...so i was kinda pissed about that..

i just got the new samsung instinct for sprint a few days ago, and i love this freakin thing.

the gps has live traffic updates and even gives me the average speed that the cars are going in the slowed down zone and can bypass them individually in case i want to miss one traffic jam and i want to get stuck in another. lol. i can also bypass all traffic too.

the live tv is a cool feature, and ive used it a couple times.

internet is fast as crap on it.

and there are so many more features, too many to list.

oh, and i forgot who said that there was a delay when you push a button on the touch screen. i have noticed no such delay.

and being able to send video mail is pretty cool.

and the simply everything plan where its all unlimited for $99 is just nice.

My buddy has the instinct and we were comparing the touch sensitivity...we both put it on high and well the instinct had a slight delay in touch response.

Archived