catalytic convertor

Hondahunter

Don't run without a cat. Your exhaust will sting really bad, You'll have carbon buildup on the bumper and exhaust tip, and you're killing the environment, forcing other's to smell the nasty crap coming out the back, and it will sound horrible when you end up putting the header/exhaust on......all of that and you will be exteremely lucky to gain 1whp out of it....probably none.

unless you have a way to tune , its pointless. me , i took my exhaust off , cut the top off the cat where you couldnt see the seams , lol. emptied it out , welded the top back on. went tuning and let me tell you , my car gained BIG TIME from getting it off. i had my car tuned to run 13.2:1 air fuel , when i datalogged my first run after the cat was gone , it made my car run lean by a point , 14.2:1. that much more air flowing out of my engine. ive never been on a dyno but , seat of the pants dyno says it was worthwhile , haha.

heres my latest WOT datalog for those interested in this stuff. in order to view this , youl need to download Kmanager software , only small takes a minute.

datalog:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qxgun9jdbv1

Kmanager , click on the word HERE:

http://www.hondata.net/kmanager.html

unless you have a way to tune , its pointless. me , i took my exhaust off , cut the top off the cat where you couldnt see the seams , lol. emptied it out , welded the top back on. went tuning and let me tell you , my car gained BIG TIME from getting it off. i had my car tuned to run 13.2:1 air fuel , when i datalogged my first run after the cat was gone , it made my car run lean by a point , 14.2:1. that much more air flowing out of my engine. ive never been on a dyno but , seat of the pants dyno says it was worthwhile , haha.

heres my latest WOT datalog for those interested in this stuff. in order to view this , youl need to download Kmanager software , only small takes a minute.

datalog:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qxgun9jdbv1

Kmanager , click on the word HERE:

http://www.hondata.net/kmanager.html

Lets not forget cranny....... a K20 responds to slight changes worlds better than a lowly B16.

^ I hate you....

Its all good... i will have my AK soon enough.

I'm not a huge fan of AK's, they are too unaccurate, but are fun to play with and loud as a mofo! ever shot a SK? on the 4th we had a little gun shooting and my friend stood about 10 feet from me while i was shooting my 380's and started shooting the SK, and i couldnt hear a damn thing for 10 - 15 mins, lol haha

Its a possibility it will throw a cel.

Not if he's OBD-1 (93-95). It's really easy to get away with a gutted cat/test pipe with OBD-1 because there's no downstream sensor. But emission are harder to pass since they do a tailipipe sensor to take the reading. If he's OBD-2 (96-97) then he'll need an O2 simulator to get away without throwing a code, but at the same time this also makes passing emissions easier since all they do is plug into the ECU and take a reading and send you on your way.

But in the end as has been repeated gutting your cat will leave you with minimal improvement. You need a pretty high-displacement engine to really see any benefit from it.

...and since it's the trend of this thread, I love my Para-Ordnance 13.45, perfect size and perfect reliability. Pretty damn accurate too. I also love my Benelli Super Nova too. The Italians do know how to make a good shotgun.

Archived