catalytic convertor

Hondahunter

I found a stainless steel high flow cat on ebay. No brand, hand out the hate if you wish! It said in one part it was for a B16 and one part that it was for a D15. I have a B16 in my sol and I didn't know if it would fit either or what. I haven't looked at mine in awhile so I really don't know what flanges it has. Here's the link though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-...p3756.m20.l1116

I found a stainless steel high flow cat on ebay. No brand, hand out the hate if you wish! It said in one part it was for a B16 and one part that it was for a D15. I have a B16 in my sol and I didn't know if it would fit either or what. I haven't looked at mine in awhile so I really don't know what flanges it has. Here's the link though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-...p3756.m20.l1116

Dude that is not an actual cat! Will not pass inspection! It is basically a test pipe! :thumbsup:

Dude that is not an actual cat! Will not pass inspection! It is basically a test pipe! :thumbsup:

How will they know??? It looks like a cat! The only thing they've ever checked on my exhaust is pressure by putting their hand over the tailpipe.

gotcha. well i'll prob do it if it'll fit, do you know if it will? i can always keep the old one and swap once a year :devil:

Unless you are going to add a turbo, the increase will be minimal at best! :thumbsup: Is that why you are getting it?? Also what exhaust do you have currently???

Unless you are going to add a turbo, the increase will be minimal at best! :thumbsup: Is that why you are getting it?? Also what exhaust do you have currently???

I figured it wouldn't be much. I have the stock exhuast, but I'm doing header next and later a catback. Just starting one piece at a time! What do you think?

I figured it wouldn't be much. I have the stock exhuast, but I'm doing header next and later a catback. Just starting one piece at a time! What do you think?

Stick with stock cat! Then if you do a turbo setup, get your self a flowmaster\Magnaflow maybe? :thumbsup:

Stick with stock cat! Then if you do a turbo setup, get your self a flowmaster\Magnaflow maybe?:thumbsup:

Really? You think I should stick with stock cat? I know I'll never turbo it, I just don't want to put that much money into it. It runs great and I want to see what I can do N/A and still be a daily driver. I mean I'm not going to spend the money for a true cold air intake for the 3 horses it may give over a short ram, but I might do the cat since it's $30. And before you say it, I will be getting a better filter!!!! Lol.

No need to replace the cat. You will find it to be more trouble than its worth "once a year". Just stick to the stock one.

I've just never had anybody get up under and look to see if I have a cat. So I doubt I'll even have to do that. Maybe it's b/c VA isn't big on emissions, idk. Does anybody know if the damn thing will fit? lol.

Its not a matter of them looking. Your cat is an important part of your emissions. If you buy, and put this test pipe on, there is a good chance you will have a CEL thrown, and the numbers on your emissions test will likely change. And not for the better.

ETA: As long as you have a '93-'97 del sol, it should fit..

Its not a matter of them looking. Your cat is an important part of your emissions. If you buy, and put this test pipe on, there is a good chance you will have a CEL thrown, and the numbers on your emissions test will likely change. And not for the better.

ETA: As long as you have a '93-'97 del sol, it should fit..

So basically, I'm looking at a CEL unless I re-prog my ECU in exchange for 3-4 horses?

You really think it'll trigger my CEL?

Anyway to bypass?

Its a possibility it will throw a cel. I've never replaced a cat, so i dont know for sure what the chances are.. but seriously, is there nothing better you can do with your 20 bucks? Gas is getting a bit expensive after all..

Its a possibility it will throw a cel. I've never replaced a cat, so i dont know for sure what the chances are.. but seriously, is there nothing better you can do with your 20 bucks? Gas is getting a bit expensive after all..

Sure, there's plenty of other stuff I can buy. I was thinking clear bumper reflectors b/c I have clear corners. Would a better flow hurt my gas mileage if I keep my foot out of it?

I dont believe it would hurt your gas milage... but i am the wrong one to ask about that... i am not one that really cares about what kind of milage i get, so long as i have fun getting it. lol

I dont believe it would hurt your gas milage... but i am the wrong one to ask about that... i am not one that really cares about what kind of milage i get, so long as i have fun getting it. lol

Haha nice. Do you know what kind of mileage you're getting on yours? I know this is off topic, but it's late and I don't care! Not to mention I started this thread, so I run this bitch! Another random question, but what kind of pistol you rocking?

Well, before i lost my license, i was getting 25-30MPG in my '93 civic coupe with b18b swap. But, i havent gotten my license back, and am not sure what kind of milage i will be getting in my '98 acura 3.0 cl... im assumin it will be around 25.. but we will see.

My pistol is a Glock 30.(.45 compact)

Well, before i lost my license, i was getting 25-30MPG in my '93 civic coupe with b18b swap. But, i havent gotten my license back, and am not sure what kind of milage i will be getting in my '98 acura 3.0 cl... im assumin it will be around 25.. but we will see.

My pistol is a Glock 30.(.45 compact)

Gotcha. Wreckless driving? I would die if that happened to me. You like your Glock?

Stick with stock cat! Then if you do a turbo setup, get your self a flowmaster\Magnaflow maybe?:thumbsup:

>_<

Skunk 2 test pipe

but he did say hes not boosting it so i guess go with a high flow cat at most, i know they sell aerospeed universal highflow cats at autozone, lol (almost bought one for my old teggy)

Gotcha. Wreckless driving? I would die if that happened to me. You like your Glock?

Surprisingly no.. I got an underage DUI...dumbest decision of my life.. oh well..

And i love my glock. It just feels right. Not sure what it is about it, but i love it..lol

Surprisingly no.. I got an underage DUI...dumbest decision of my life.. oh well..

And i love my glock. It just feels right. Not sure what it is about it, but i love it..lol

Yeah, but it happens man.

I've never been into Glocks. I don't like the plastic! But I know lots of people that swear by them. Personally I'll stick to my Sig .357 and Colt .45

Yeah, but it happens man.

I've never been into Glocks. I don't like the plastic! But I know lots of people that swear by them. Personally I'll stick to my Sig .357 and Colt .45

I want another Springfield Arms .45!!!!!!!! I loved that damn thing! :thumbsup: Basically the Kimber but not the KJimber price! :drool:

Archived