Reason to own a 360

Since it's too early to get into a Microsoft v Sony debate...

Oh, and as for the Wii... the reason for it's success was novelty. Motion Sensitive hadn't been done on a console, and they managed to pull it off reasonably well.

Power Glove, anyone? Before my time, and therefore before the time of the majority of HF's users, there was Le Stick which never made it big. There have been others thrown in as well, but the point is that the Wii's idea was far from new or groundbreaking.

Power Glove, anyone? Before my time, and therefore before the time of the majority of HF's users, there was Le Stick which never made it big. There have been others thrown in as well, but the point is that the Wii's idea was far from new or groundbreaking.

*shrugs* ok, didn't know about those. Can still rephrase to make my argument stand though :-

The Wii is the first console to pull off the Motion Sensitive angle to create something that is both successful and reliable. Well... somewhat reliable.... The Wii-mote actually has enough accuracy to generally get the motion right... Unlike the Power Glove which bottlenecked the signals down into 2 bits, pretty much killing any accuracy it should have had. And Le Stick isn't really worth mentioning.. It was incredibly expensive for a controller, and there weren't any games that actually took advantage of it. And, especially now, I don't think you want to have something filled with mercury in your home... That's just asking for trouble if there's a dog or toddler around.

What you know bout this

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

oh yea ash here you go:

Sorry, Javy, my SNES experience was limited, lol. Power Glove, FTW, and the little mat that you ran on was f'ing classic as well.

Orca, I personally don't see the Wii as being unreliable. There have been quite a few user errors (let's let go of the controller, etc), but the equipment seems to work fine. I've had mine for about a 20 months now with no issue with any of the equipment (console, 4 controllers, 2 nunchucks). Yes, the Wii was the first to be highly successful, but it in no way pioneered the technology.

hahah its ok, i remember the running mat, me and my cousins always played the olympic game for nintendo with that lol.

oh heres the new power glove for the Wii !

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Sorry, Javy, my SNES experience was limited, lol. Power Glove, FTW, and the little mat that you ran on was f'ing classic as well.

Orca, I personally don't see the Wii as being unreliable. There have been quite a few user errors (let's let go of the controller, etc), but the equipment seems to work fine. I've had mine for about a 20 months now with no issue with any of the equipment (console, 4 controllers, 2 nunchucks). Yes, the Wii was the first to be highly successful, but it in no way pioneered the technology.

I'm referring to being able to reliably pull of the moves that whatever game you happen to be playing asks you too. Sorry, I should've clarified that, haha. More accuracy or ease of use than reliability I guess. In some games, it's not an issue (Endless Ocean, Super Smash Bros, etc.). In others, it's barely noticeable(Excite Truck, Wii Sports/Play). But, in a few, it can get downright annoying (Mario Party 8).

*edit*

Gah! no, bad smiley. You're not supposed to be there! Your supposed to just be an '8', and then a ')'!

It's actually a set of 9 processors, a primary and 8 SPE's (Synergistic Processing Elements); a main processor that delegates to the others, one for the OS, 6 for gaming, and one that is disabled so that even if one of the cores is bad, the PS3 will still run. The primary processor is a 3.2 GHz PowerPC core with a 512 K cache(geeze, could they have shoved any more steroids into the thing?). Not sure what SPE's are.. I think they're probably the same, but I'll try and verify that later.

yeah thats what he said, i dont know it was a bunch of mumbo jumbo to me... lol

I'm referring to being able to reliably pull of the moves that whatever game you happen to be playing asks you too. Sorry, I should've clarified that, haha. More accuracy or ease of use than reliability I guess. In some games, it's not an issue (Endless Ocean, Super Smash Bros, etc.). In others, it's barely noticeable(Excite Truck, Wii Sports/Play). But, in a few, it can get downright annoying (Mario Party 8).

*edit*

Gah! no, bad smiley. You're not supposed to be there! Your supposed to just be an '8', and then a ')'!

lol, try putting a space between the 8 and ) next time :p

the only time i've really experienced any issue is when the batteries are pretty much dead, after i swap out for a freshly charged set everything's good again. (of the 11-12 games i own for it, including MP8 ) i fall victim to dropping the ball in bowling from time to time, but that's a user error as i get too caught up and let go of b too early from time to time :laugh:

Well i've played bleach on it, and its really weird, and since its a fighting game just make sure you play it by yourself cause if anyone sees you playing it they are like...um are you ok? lol.....but yea i like playing to old school games, there fore no problems for me, but yea i only own smash bros, im trying to get mario kart but its sold out every where!

Well i've played bleach on it, and its really weird, and since its a fighting game just make sure you play it by yourself cause if anyone sees you playing it they are like...um are you ok? lol.....but yea i like playing to old school games, there fore no problems for me, but yea i only own smash bros, im trying to get mario kart but its sold out every where!

I pre-ordered MK from Amazon prior to release, lol, I was happy I did afterwards as I haven't seen it really anywhere either. Actually, if you have a Blockbuster, try them. I picked a Wii Fit up from them on release day, last one they had in the store, when everyone was back-ordered until who-knows-when.

Half of the fun of the Wii is watching others play the games :thumbsup:

LoL, Believe me Ash i've tried everywhere, even furniture stores lol, theyre sold out everywhere and even online they are asking ridiculous prices for them, so im waiting for one my gurls to let me know when her bestbuy will have some.

well yea, but its nerve wrecking when your being starred at lol

LoL, Believe me Ash i've tried everywhere, even furniture stores lol, theyre sold out everywhere and even online they are asking ridiculous prices for them, so im waiting for one my gurls to let me know when her bestbuy will have some.

well yea, but its nerve wrecking when your being starred at lol

lol, warioware is especially great to watch others play. sorry to hear you've had no luck... maybe used from ebay?

I dunno, I have this thing with "Used" off of ebay....unless its car parts for the exterior or interior I really dont care for them...but yea i'll just have to wait it out, although there was some major Mario Kart Ownage over the weekend...my buddy likes to think he and his roomates are gods....well looks like im the new idol now lol

Archived