newb checking in

texan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The same can be said for you. :p

Got any naaked pics of your mom? :drool:

Want some? :devil:

I'm just wondering what kinda' cam this guy is looking into.

Cammed Z06's prove to be quite nasty. :)

Unfortunately I live in Kalifornia, so the cam can't be wicked or it won't pass emissions (otherwise I'd definitely do it, prolly a G5X3 or equivalent). First concern right now is keeping the motor dead solid reliable as I plan on taking this beast to roadcourses at least 3 times a year once it's properly prepped. So a few more tack based mods, a good helmet and 4 points (throwing a Spring Mountain class into the mix for good measure) and then I'll worry about making more power. I hit the canyons often out here in So Cal with my motorcycle friends, and clearly the weak point with this car is keeping things cool and functional at low speeds but high loads. Therefore radiator w/ integral oil cooler (or possibly a standalone oil cooler along with upgraded radiator) and the finishing off the front brake ducts are priority #1.

Unfortunately I live in Kalifornia, so the cam can't be wicked or it won't pass emissions (otherwise I'd definitely do it, prolly a G5X3 or equivalent). First concern right now is keeping the motor dead solid reliable as I plan on taking this beast to roadcourses at least 3 times a year once it's properly prepped. So a few more tack based mods, a good helmet and 4 points (throwing a Spring Mountain class into the mix for good measure) and then I'll worry about making more power. I hit the canyons often out here in So Cal with my motorcycle friends, and clearly the weak point with this car is keeping things cool and functional at low speeds but high loads. Therefore radiator w/ integral oil cooler (or possibly a standalone oil cooler along with upgraded radiator) and the finishing off the front brake ducts are priority #1.

Even on a stock setup Z06's can be some awesome road cars. Can you even GET away with running longtubes in Cali?

also this thread is an impressive postwhorefest, it's gonna be double tough keeping up with you people. Now I know sadbell can't keep up with me :whip: , but this is a lot of posting to deal with.

Even on a stock setup Z06's can be some awesome road cars. Can you even GET away with running longtubes in Cali?

Technically no, but the sniffer test doesn't get bothered by them so long as you run an X pipe with good cats. I "have a guy" for not bothering with the visual inspection part, so as long as he can plug into the ECU successfully and it doesnt fail the sniffer its golden. Will probably run the American Racing long tubes as my tuner loves them, and that man is a Corvette superfreak so I trust his opinion (and that's saying something, as I know more about cars than 99.9% of the populace).

Technically no, but the sniffer test doesn't get bothered by them so long as you run an X pipe with good cats. I "have a guy" for not bothering with the visual inspection part, so as long as he can plug into the ECU successfully and it doesnt fail the sniffer its golden. Will probably run the American Racing long tubes as my tuner loves them, and that man is a Corvette superfreak so I trust his opinion (and that's saying something, as I know more about cars than 99.9% of the populace).

Smooth. Very smooth. I used SLP LT's on my WS6 but that wasn't fun .. at all.

Smooth. Very smooth. I used SLP LT's on my WS6 but that wasn't fun .. at all.

SLP is good stuff. For the Vette crowd LGM is the hottest ticket, but not only are they a bitch to install but the cost is simply ludicrous. I'll be paying Corvette tax no matter what but I don't need to pay the stupid tax on top of it. I've seen both installed and the AR's are easier; the primaries aren't quite as long but they do the job and give a little bit better clearance in the process. Which is important for this application, since this car sits LOW and drags on pretty much everything (I've nearly high centered it twice since lowering the beast).

You know what I find funny? A Texan transplanted into Cali! :crazy: Maybe I should move to Cali since there are less and less of them there, than are here! :thumbsup:

Representing North Dallas here, making CA ends. Cost of living is a bitch, but I work mostly with the movie industry so this is THE place to be. I could find work in most any major city but it wouldn't pay like LA does.

Two very sweet and clean rides. Nice choice for a DD and weekened warrior even if its not an Import.

Welcome to HF!

Thanks! Just curious, but where are all the haters? There hasn't been one randomly evil post thus far, this board is starting to seem like an easy place to hang out.

Thanks! Just curious, but where are all the haters? There hasn't been one randomly evil post thus far, this board is starting to seem like an easy place to hang out.

You suck and so do the cowboys! Why dont you go back where you came from boy? :mad:

Happy now??? :thumbsup:

Glad I could be of service! :devil: I am sure Bell has told you all about me! :thumbsup:

Actually no, either she's holding out or you think more of yourself than she does.

There, now I feel better :o

Actually no, either she's holding out or you think more of yourself than she does.

There, now I feel better :o

Nice! I have a pic I should send you! :devil:

But she would disown me probably! :(

Archived