So two more days till they release it....how many of you are going to be getting a copy? I'm actually going to wait for the midnight launch...im a MGS nerd so...yeah im going to be getting the 80GB Ps3 w/ the game special...since i gave my lil bro my ps3 already...this just gives me an excuse to get a new one lol

MG4 looks sweet but I dont know if I'll ever pick it up cause I never finished snake eater and I'd be hard pressed to continue the storyline in the forth one when I'd be missing what happened in snake eater.

Not to mention I dont own a PS3.

Looks sweet though.

I got confused for a minute there, since I thought you already owned a PS3... but then you cleared it up, lol.

Well, already told you on AIM, but it's not really my kind of game and I already find it hard to find time to play the games I have at the moment.

im def getting it :thumbsup:

i LOOOOOOOVE metal gear, ive played every metal gear since nintendo so yeah im for sure getting it... it sucks that this is going to be the last one though... oh well it was great while it lasted. i think they should redoo all the old metal gears from PSX and PS2 for the PS3, that would be awesome.. kinda like they did on gamecube.. that was the reason i bought a gamecube, just so i could play metal gear with better graphics. lol :laugh:

im def getting it :thumbsup:

i LOOOOOOOVE metal gear, ive played every metal gear since nintendo so yeah im for sure getting it... it sucks that this is going to be the last one though... oh well it was great while it lasted. i think they should redoo all the old metal gears from PSX and PS2 for the PS3, that would be awesome.. kinda like they did on gamecube.. that was the reason i bought a gamecube, just so i could play metal gear with better graphics. lol :laugh:

Thats exactly why i bought a game cube lol....Im going to get that collectors set they have of all three metal gears at bestbuy, the originals for nintendo were ok, but i loved the original Metal Gear Solid...it was the ill-est.

Since i bought the new ps3 last night i had to update it for like 30 min, then had to install the game which took another 8 min, i only played 10 min of the game but its F@kin SWEET!

Oh heres what I scooped up last night lol

321061117.jpg

Gamestop are selling these but they are extremely limited, i have a friend that works at gamestop that could help you out if you wanted one.

heck yeah i want one, but how would i get one, im in iraq >_< i already have a PS3 but i had planned on giving it away to my little brother... id love to have a MGS4 PS3 package :thumbsup:

You traitor.

Dude theres nothing to play on xbox for a few months, i mean i just got done beating Ninja Gaiden 2, GTA 4 is done, and COD4 is fun but no one really plays it anymore...but id still knock you socks off...i thought Grid was interesting though...

ALSO Side note, I've been a MGS fan ever since the series came out to the original PSX, never played the nintendo ones, but like i said man its a bad ass game, i think you should look into it :)

heck yeah i want one, but how would i get one, im in iraq >_< i already have a PS3 but i had planned on giving it away to my little brother... id love to have a MGS4 PS3 package :thumbsup:

You could get one shipped to your parents or a reliable friends house so its waiting for you ya know.

Eh, that game is alright, but you do know that isnt the actually GT5 yet, thats just a beta until the actual one comes out, in a year.

yea i know, the actual game is supposed to have more everything and different things you can do... i wish that GT would actully do like forza so you could install bodykits or lips on your car... but this is the last of the GT series, sadly :(

believe me this may be the last but seriously is going to be off the wall...from what i hear every car fromt he GT series will be in there...including that godly CRX in the first one lol

Oh to get back on topic to this thread...

MGS4 makes more sense now considering they start to explain the not so clear parts from the past....god whoever hasnt played this game needs to get on board.

• 1 month later...

I know I'm mad late on this thread but I gotta ask about how this game was. Do you think it could be marathon'd in 5 days if I were to rent it and borrow a friend's PS3? I've pretty much given up on playing video games but this is one I'm willing to make an exception for, as long as it lives up the rest of the series.

Now that I think of it, I never finished the second one. Is that available for the game cube or do I have to borrow a ps2 for that as well?

LOL, dude first off the second one sucks, first and the third are badass. but yea as far as playing the 2nd one again if you have a ps3 you can play all of them lol....and beating it in 5 days....hmmm, if you run through it all, id say yea, i beat it in 4 1/2 hours my first run through...but yea...this game definately lives up to the hype, but be ready for major cut scenes...cause its basically almost watching a movie lol, and the commercials in the game are so kick ass

Yeah, I stopped playing the second one when I started having to play as some little kid...

You mean you beat it in 4.5 hours of game time or real time? I'm gonna assume game time, which wouldn't include unsaved deaths and cutscenes, so... I bet I'll be able to handle this one -- me and my friend beat Snake Eater overnight one time when I got snowed in at his house. I think I will have to give this a rent. Can't wait to play it.

nope real time lol...you dont undestand man, im godly at MGS games....but yea im sure you can beat the game in about 6 or 7 hours...the last mission where you have to go through a tunnel of hell basically...well lets just say you better get ready to break that X button lol

i finally played MGS4 the other day for like 2 minutes, and omgawd it looks AWESOME i cant wait to get home buy it and play it and GT5P, oh i also played GT5P and it looks immaculate!!! you can see the textur on the steeringwheel and the red stitch on the ITR steering wheel, omgawd that game looks OUT-FREAKING-STANDING!!!! :drool:

FINALLY YOU PLAYED IT! 2 Minutes isnt even long enough to load the first scene lol...just wait till you get home....maybe you can get it as a new wedding gift lol.

FINALLY YOU PLAYED IT! 2 Minutes isnt even long enough to load the first scene lol...just wait till you get home....maybe you can get it as a new wedding gift lol.

yeah i played for 2 minutes, like actually played we watched that intro and everything and i moved snake around under that truck of whatever and a little bit after that... it was awesome!

yeah i played for 2 minutes, like actually played we watched that intro and everything and i moved snake around under that truck of whatever and a little bit after that... it was awesome!

HAHAHA dude wait until you play throughout the game its pretty tight, Whats even better is playin online with everyone!!!

I just can't believe you can beat the game in 4.5 hours real time. I mean, watching the cut scenes and everything? I know that's technically possible with the first one but that's speed run territory if you don't skip cinematics and dialogue. Either you used a guide or you truly are godly at MGS games. I'm the opposite nowadays -- one of the games that made me so disillusioned about my gamer skills recently was Twin Snakes -- on hard I keep getting spanked by the guards in the first room!

I just can't believe you can beat the game in 4.5 hours real time. I mean, watching the cut scenes and everything? I know that's technically possible with the first one but that's speed run territory if you don't skip cinematics and dialogue. Either you used a guide or you truly are godly at MGS games. I'm the opposite nowadays -- one of the games that made me so disillusioned about my gamer skills recently was Twin Snakes -- on hard I keep getting spanked by the guards in the first room!

Yea man, swear to god, didnt even use a guide...i didnt search for any secrets or anything, cutscenes were watched for like half a second then the second run through the game is when i really watched them...apparently there are certain cutscenes i needed to do things with the mini rex and touch raiden or otocon for their camo

Archived