Wrecked the Sol

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

soo i have some pics of the wreck scene but i cant upload them cause my computer is bein stupid but ill have them tomorrow.. along with some update pics on the car hopefully.. we're sussposed to be takin it apart tomorrow and gettin it ready for the new parts :)

so far the only damage done is motor mount, axle, wheel assembly, control arm, , strut, tranny, clutch/flywheel, new steering wheel, and a drivers side glass, and probably a drivers side door hinge, and some rims of course, cause mine are kinda screwed

and thankfully i hadnt put my new brembo rotors on there

these took forever for me to post! and these are not the best wreck scene pics but you guys can see how far i slid and stuff

the slide started even further up the road... so i was sliding a good ways.. but it went by kinda fast

Multimed1.jpg

the drain i hit with my friends leg

Multimed2.jpg

the marks where the car landed.. it was more of a 180-270 degree turn then a 360

Multimed.jpg

ill try and get the one uploaded that shows the turn and where my car went from straight to sideways

She's actually a non-bro.

Well put.

And yeah i was kind of surprised how far my lude slide back in HS when I got run off the road/inexperienced skid control.

i would think the pink stars gave me bein a girl away

yah i want my baby back :(

i did buy a lightweight flywheel and new clutch to put in since im gettin a new tranny too

heres pics of my head!! i didnt know i didnt put the cool lookin ones on here:

Multimed3.jpg

Multimed4.jpg

so this wreck maybe wasnt all bad

i just got my fidanza flywheel and my exedy clutch in the mail.. which i needed a new clutch anyway and flywheels are fun

just found out i should have a tranny with like 40k on it for like $250... which is awesome cause i think my tranny had been through hell and back

and i should be gettin some 17s with brand new tires on the sol :)

and at least i wrecked the fender with the pink dots on it

• 2 weeks later...
:D

i should have it back like beginning of next week.. and there will be pics!!

no noodz though

ha you're safe from me askin, i'm straight, prefer male noodz :)

well ive already put 2k in fixing it.. should have been more then that but the body shop people love me.. and of course the paint on the car isnt cheap cause my friend picked out some expensive pink and white and pearl.. and i was thinking i was good but now i have to pay to have the whole motor pulled(my friend has a block so thats cool) but then they have to fix that and then put everything back in

so labor just went up more

i know it isnt THAT big of a deal cause i was the one who wrecked it and i try to believe that everything happens for a reason but its pissin me off now cause its one thing after another after another and it gets hard to grin and bear it after a while

i feel you. completely. i spent well over two thousand on a transmission build for my truck only to have several of the ignition cylinder coils go out at one time. Probably wasn't as expensive as having to swap a motor or build but ..

It sucked.

sorry Sarah...hugs :)

you don't want to sell it and get another car? I know you really like this car though...

if i would have known about the motor i probably would have gotten rid of the car and gotten a new one no matter how much i didnt want to.. BUT ive already put so much into it i might as well fix the damn thing

and the 2k isnt really all the shell.. cause i got 17s for it which then bought brand new tires for and i also bought that lightweight flywheel and new clutch cause i thought i had some extra money to play with.. and i already had the new rotors and brake pads.. was going to need a new tranny or rebuild cause third and second were bein stupid

but like i said.. ive already bought all this for it and have a small personal loan out to pay for some of it so i cant really go back on all of it and then go buy another car cause i dont want to put myself in more debt

Just finished the entire thread. Peer pressure has its effect I understand and it's frankly unfair. But you've obviously learned from this and it seems to be a light lesson at that.

Glad that you ended up ok and I'm glad you're restoring the Sol despite the mechanic bullcrapting you. We need to keep as many Sols on the road as possible, especially if they have a front clip conversion. Plus you get to upgrade instead of flat repair which is the tuner way after all.

Good luck with your recovery and restoration.

• 4 weeks later...
Just finished the entire thread. Peer pressure has its effect I understand and it's frankly unfair. But you've obviously learned from this and it seems to be a light lesson at that.

First.. i like having him around on HF haha hes like down to earth and didnt tell me stuff i already knew.. like i shouldnt street race and fly my car through the air(even though everyone up town STILL talks about it flying after 2 months)

second.. obviously i dont have my car back cause there would be 100 pics of it.. but ryan took some pics of it all up on jack stands and stuff :(.. but the day after these were taken the suspension got bolted up and the tires put on and it was gettin rolled around like a big toy! but last i checked they were tryin to get the front end to sit right and then the motor was going in and body work!

but heres pics:

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

YES the engine bay is still green(the doors and trunk are painted.. we're gettin to under the hood)

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

and my tip that sticks out too much.. im gettin it fixed when i get it back.. promise.. and i didnt do that cut.. the moron who owned it before me did

IMG_1279.jpg

im hoping to have it back soon and me and ryan can get pics of his civic and my del sol together

Archived