Wrecked the Sol

Yeah I'll agree my prelude ended up looking alot worse than that and I didnt even hit anything I just went flying off the road and balanced really hard. TBH if theres no sigificant frame damage that looks very salvageable.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarah, I'm very glad you're ok. Get some Eibach coilovers and sway bar kit and that turn will be your b*tch. JK JK. :thumbsup:

Those guys a f*gs for running away, IDC if they're offering you money now. That's crapty to run away from the scene of an accident.

Sol doesn't look toooo bad but ummm aren't axles expensive as f*ck?

id say theres hidden damage done there , like subframe. hopefully the actual shell of the car is ok , if it is , its repairable.

Sarah, I'm very glad you're ok. Get some Eibach coilovers and sway bar kit and that turn will be your b*tch. JK JK.:thumbsup:

Sol doesn't look toooo bad but ummm aren't axles expensive as f*ck?

Coilovers and sway bar kit and better tires yes :D

Axles aren't very expensive! I would say go with Raxles axles...cheaper than oem...great quality!

and it sucks that they ran away! I wouldn't talk to them anymore! It's not like in Cali where their car will be crushed too! <that doesn't excuse it either!

well there were no cops.. i got taken to the hospital and they towed my car to the shop.. thats how secluded the road we were on is.. nobody drove by during all this

and i seem to do a good job crushing the car myself

and it looks worse then it is cause the rim got slammed onto where the rotor should be.. its def going to need new axles and wheel assemblys(where do i get them).. im hopin the frame isnt tore up.. we'll find out.. and im still waitin on the email.. oh and my best friend that was out there told me i did like a 360 in the air not a 180

ps

ive had like 3 offers of people wantin to buy the car.. one from the guy i bought it from.. they just want my motor!! they'll never get it!

I'm glad you're ok, but it was an incredibly stupid thing to do. You would honestly probably be better pulling the motor, and finding a shell to put it in, rather than to go through the trouble repairing all of that damage.

rotas like to break. one of my slips has a hairline crack, how it got there is beyond me, so they have been sitting in my garage since the fall while i've been rocking the stockies.

sorry to hear about the accident, but only to a certain extent as it was pretty dumb to being doing it in the first place. at least you're aware of this though. i guess i can understand peer pressure, but i've never been one to go along with it. it just never made that much sense. it's all fine and great for people to tell you what to do, but in the end you're the one that has to live with the choice and/or the consequences.

as has been mentioned, at least you walked away with only two staples. sure, we all love our cars around here (well, most of us), but in the end, it's just a car.

Glad youre okay, It could have been ALOT worse

im more of a light to light kind of guy.

I mostly do the same, but now since i got a evo, i think i want to try the "touge" :blush:

yah but the way i hit the bump and it flipped the car around it could have happened to me driving around

and i dont normally give in to peer pressure but i like racing so thats about the only reason i gave in

it could have happened to me driving around

Yea that is true, but also you could have rolled the car or it could have flipped, its just a good thing it didnt... Its a REALLY good thing it didnt roll or flip

^haha i like my civic front end...

went and looked at it today.. lucky my friends love hondas and they think they have most of the factory parts for it layin around.. basically need the wheel assembly, strut, control arm, rims, tire, and body work

but thats how it stands right now.. they havent started takin everything apart

Wow... glad you're okay.. and it's a shame about the Sol, but hey, it's replaceable. You're lucky you walked out of that.

I'm not gonna bother with the "that was stupid" because everyone else has, but I'm glad you were fortunate enough to walk away from it. crap happens and it could have happened at any time. Hope things pick up for you and you get those staples out soon :)

yah i know my ass is lucky as hell it didnt flip at all... they were all tellin me what happened tonight.. its weird.. i cant belive how lucky i was

pretty much my car was startin to spin out and get outta the slide(the front end was going right and the back going left) and when the front hit the drain thing the back end kept going and as the car was spinning around they said it was a good 6ft in the air at least.. and then it landed and they were like wtf and then they ran over to me.. they said they all thought i was fine and just in the field and then i went in the air.. they also said it was some fast and the furious crap without the rolling haha

you cant just throw the parts you assume are bent on and go driving again , thats not safe. that car needs to be put on a frame machine to make sure its straight.

you cant just throw the parts you assume are bent on and go driving again , thats not safe. that car needs to be put on a frame machine to make sure its straight.

I'd be shocked if the frame was straight. My Sol got backed into a few years back and the frame bent :rolleyes:

It doesn't look totalled or anything. It looks like cosmetic damage, mainly. But, with the way the car is sitting on the ground.. frame damage probably occurred. Does it run? If so, get another shell and swap that beesh.

lookin for another sol right now actually.. i called my dad and told him i wrecked mine and he said he'll help me get another one.. so now its just finding one

and they are puttin it on a frame machine after they start taking it apart and looking at it.. i should know here soon how bad it is

Sucks that you messed up your sol but as others, I have no sympathy for wrecks that happen while street racing. You say that this would have happened even if you weren't racing so it's safe to assume that the other racer wrecked as well? I'm glad that you are okay and I think you're a cool member, but I don't buy the whole (would have happened anyway). If you would have wrecked anyway then you were going too fast for the conditions which is still "speeding" by law. Again....not trying to be a prick, and glad that you are okay, just don't start the story with "street racing" and then claim that street racing had nothing to do with the accident.....if that was the case you should have just left that part of the story out.

Sucks that you messed up your sol but as others, I have no sympathy for wrecks that happen while street racing. You say that this would have happened even if you weren't racing so it's safe to assume that the other racer wrecked as well? I'm glad that you are okay and I think you're a cool member, but I don't buy the whole (would have happened anyway). If you would have wrecked anyway then you were going too fast for the conditions which is still "speeding" by law. Again....not trying to be a prick, and glad that you are okay, just don't start the story with "street racing" and then claim that street racing had nothing to do with the accident.....if that was the case you should have just left that part of the story out.

yah.. he didnt wreck.. and i believe going around a turn and spinning the car out cause of a bump could have happened anywhere.. and the race was over btw i was just going down the road and slowing down until i got to the turn around..

Archived