Wrecked the Sol

so i hate myself right now

heres the story:

i was racing another honda.. theres a pain in the ass turn at the end of the road.. i was doin like 50ish and had let off the gas but wasnt hittin the brakes(worst thing to do around that turn).. and for some reason my car wasnt turning like normal and it started goin on grass so i tried correcting it and next thing i knew i was sliding through a field to my right.. then there was a bang where my drivers side front tire hit a drainage pipe thing.. and then i felt it go in the air and i just covered my face cause i knew i was screwed and then i landed..

the rim AND rotor are cracked.. completly.. the front window is cracked.. the drivers side window is busted out(from my head) the top was halfway off i guess it came off when it landed(it didnt flip just did a 180 in the air) the clutch is all the way to the floor.. tranny has a crack down it.. airbag went out.. passenger rim is dead and the tire was off from it sliding.. but the motor was complety untouched.. i was told my header and everything was perfect

but i got out the car right when i landed and was freaking out i just wrecked my car and everyone that was around(including my best friend) was trying to calm me down and then everyone but like 3 people(bf pope, anothor guy, and guy i was racing) left so they wouldnt get caught... but the finally calmed me down enough to look me over and i hadnt realized i had been holding my head.. well i pulled my hand away and it was covered in blood.. well pope took me to the hospitle where another one of my friends that hadnt been up there met me.. and when we finally got back to the room where like 10 more people came in to see me(they towed my car to my friends shop who painted it) so i have some awesome friends.. even though it was them pressuring me to race i shouldnt have done it but i dont know wtf happened

but anyway since everyone feels bad about what happened.. a guy offered to sell me his 93 del sol si(just like mine but si green) for $900.. he was selling it for like 1500 or so.. but the guy i was racing offered me his $300 stimulus check to help out.. then the two guys that were at the hospital with me the entire time offered me like 100 each or somethin and then some of the other guys were saying they were puttin money in to get me the new del sol

so yah i have some awesome friends.. expesically cause they were all up at the ER until like 7/8 when most of the have to work at 7 and 8 and 11 am

im going to look at it today when i wake up cause ive been up for like 24 hours now and ill get pics

i cant belive i somehow wrecked my f*in car.. i hate myself right now!! but im lucky i just got 2 staples.. i was seriously thinkin i wasnt walking away from it cause my car just missed a telephone pole

and in my delirious ER room stay i was talkin about how my stars were like shooting stars when it was flying through the air

oh.. and staples suck!!!! i was a 'man' about it and didnt get the numbing stuff.. it didnt hurt too bad(not enough to need the burning numbing stuff) but it was weird cause you could feel it going into your head

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all love you here and I am glad you are safe but let me be the first to tell you you got what you had coming for racing on the street. You won't get very much sympathy from a lot of the people here, I hope you already know this. I'm just damn glad there wasn't some family coming home from wally world in their minivan on the other end of that turn.

It does totally suck that the car is wrecked and that you were injured.

Post up your pics and let us know what the vehicle plans are because there are plenty of people here that would buy parts and/or your whole wrecked car.

I read about the bulletin on myspace and I figured you post the story on the forum.

WOW, sarah I am sorry to hear all of this. You even went into detail.

Keep us updated on everything. I am very happy to hear that you are okay.

yah i know i shouldnt have been messin around on the street but guess what.. how it happened would have happened to me going home!! i was doin like 50 and hit somthing and spun out like hell

and there wouldnt be anyone coming because they watch/block the road

Well least you'll ok. I've learned my lesson from wrecking my prelude. It wasn't my fault but I was a teenager and probably egged on the guy that caught me off, etc. So just learn your lesson and respect the streets! Sorry about the Sol but if you'll posting up on here already then it appears it held up enough to keep you pretty safe.

And I wish I had friends like that. I have to pull teeth just to get someone to drive 10 miles to help me get my car out of a parking lot because of excessive snow. Let alone people cutting me deals on new cars by $600 and giving me cash etc. lol Doesnt happen around here thats for sure.

Just get better, and bounce back and learn from your mistake.

Well least you'll ok. I've learned my lesson from wrecking my prelude. It wasn't my fault but I was a teenager and probably egged on the guy that caught me off, etc. So just learn your lesson and respect the streets! Sorry about the Sol but if you'll posting up on here already then it appears it held up enough to keep you pretty safe.

And I wish I had friends like that. I have to pull teeth just to get someone to drive 10 miles to help me get my car out of a parking lot because of excessive snow. Let alone people cutting me deals on new cars by $600 and giving me cash etc. lol Doesnt happen around here thats for sure.

Just get better, and bounce back and learn from your mistake.

You can always give me a call if you need anything. I'm just down the way.

Good friends are the best thing ever. That we can all agree on.

I'm sorry about what happened and I'm definitely glad you're okay. Never race on the street, period. ESPECIALLY if there's some superdeduper deadly turn at the end of the road and there are pipe things and poles everywhere! We're all glad you're okay, just think twice next time. Be careful!

yah i know im stupid and trust me im beating myself up enough over it without anyone else tellin me.. but like i said how it happened.. it could have happened to me going down anyroad around here

my friend is pickin me up and im takin him to work and im borrowin his car while hes at work to go get pics of mine and see how bad this damage is

heres my staples:

l_e1f68eff9ef66a8484866b57e50851ed.jpg

its the same friend who saw me go through the air! he still knows i can drive.. everyone said they dont think anyone could have corrected what happened

You can always give me a call if you need anything. I'm just down the way.

Good friends are the best thing ever. That we can all agree on.

Appeciate it bud! :thumbsup: I got a few friends that would help but they'd probably compalin all along lol!

Looks like that might have hurt a bit. Kind of interested in seeing how the sol held up.

You aren't stupid. Everyone makes mistakes, you're only silly if you don't learn from them. This one, I'm sure you will. The only thing that matters is the fact that you're alright.

and i think i convinced my best friend for him not to street race anymore.. along with some others.. but everyone feels like crap and keep checkin on me cause they wouldnt let up until i raced.. i was just stupid for givin in..

i think you guys will be amazed i only got two staples and glass cuts from the wreck.. i didnt think i was walkin away

ill have pics up in a few hours

WOW! glad your okay too.... i guess atleast you were only going 50ish not like 150ish haha...

.... hopefully ur staples get to feelin better..

and fix up that poor lil sol :(

need anything let me know!

nice goin staplehead , haha. inexperience is the culprit here , thats all. although racing on the street is of course bad , and i cant say anything cause i do it too , lol , not high speed though , im more of a light to light kind of guy. at least you walked away , thats the main thing , a car is replaceable , your not.

nice goin staplehead , haha. inexperience is the culprit here , thats all. although racing on the street is of course bad , and i cant say anything cause i do it too , lol , not high speed though , im more of a light to light kind of guy. at least you walked away , thats the main thing , a car is replaceable , your not.

trueff.

inexperience is the culprit here

yah not so much.. i thought i just fracked up but i was talkin to the body shop people who have been racin and such for a while and they saw the pics and the car and complemented me on saving it as much as i did and not flipping it.. they said i could have downshifted and possibly stopped it but yah.. i have some pics of the car but not the accident scene(ill have those soon) and well when you guys see those you'll see how far my car skidded and how long it was in the air and no one really knows how the hell i didnt flip it

heres some of the car and stuff

whos notices the crack?

l_e48d5572788c46dd22965317cf0022d8.jpg

l_612311cb305a0554025a325706ee1342.jpg

rim vs concrete drain ... drain won

l_4efdae41e87bd69c9ec914104994b3ed.jpg

notice the rotor sticking out the rim?

l_39f73b7f9687a8e3b1db96b0df1146b0.jpg

l_78c6bc4d06f32adb5e4b8aa65c236ecf.jpg

l_bfd972f21477cbad898fed1ee18f602a.jpg

l_1a072de184c519df71cd7453894a6f38.jpg

fenders and up = fracked

behind fenders(besides windshield) = fine

l_fb0a26bea322b56d61353f1ce57ca05d.jpg

honestly it isnt nearly as bad as it should be

someone name every front end part i fracked up(tie rods, camber, axle, wheel assembly).. i already have brand new rotors so yah

and i like cry everytime i go outside and my car isnt there

wooooa...I'm so glad you are ok :) huuggsss feel better soon :)

Don't street race, as you know! And don't try taking turns (even when not racing) that fast, where there are people/cars around!

If you had been in Cali, you wouldn't have your car right now! It would be in a lot, being crushed completely! You wouldn't even be able to take your rims or anything!

I don't street race anymore often, but whenever I did, it would be light to light, where there is nobody around!

well glad ur ok, and i always say this, the sol is one hell of a strong car ive seen pix of people who have rolled them which is very hard to do in the first place and they've pretty much walked away from it.

o yea thatll buff out.

And don't try taking turns (even when not racing) that fast,

yah... i was going the speed limit at the time!! im waitin on my friend to email me the pics of the wreck scene and it'll explain what happened more.. give me like 15 min and ill have them up

Archived