1300+ Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
lag lag lag lag lag lag ooooooOOOOOHHHHHHHH GOD!!!!

and all i get out of this one is LOUD NOISES!!! but i still love it

and since we are having a hp war

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wru8cN9W5EA

its OVER 9000!!!!!!!!

and i bet you he used a full tank of gas during that run

• 3 weeks later...

nitro dragsters use something like over a teaspoon per combustion, so figure that for 5 seconds at 8k rpms, i wouldn't be suprised. i saw a dino run where the guy used 3 gallons in one run.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you know that...

NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars consume between four and five gallons of fuel during a quarter-mile run, which is equivalent to between 16 - 20 gallons per mile?

… that NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars use between 10 and 12 gallons of fuel for a complete pass, including the burnout, backup to the starting line, and quarter-mile run?

… that a fuel pump for an NHRA Top Fuel dragster and Funny Car delivers 65 gallons of fuel per minute, equivalent to eight bathroom showers running at the same time?

… that the fuel-line pressure for NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars is between 400 and 500 pounds, about 20 times greater than the pressure on passenger-car fuel pumps? … that depending on size and angle, the large rear wing on an NHRA Top Fuel dragster develops between 4,000 and 8,000 pounds of downforce?

source:

http://www.nhra.com/streetlegal/funfacts.html

that "8 showers" one gets me. Could you imagine one shower head in each cylinder, on blast, spraying gasoline into them?

Fuel injectors? pshhh....I use shower heads. lol

Archived