need some help with my hatch!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know lol , any way the original poster was able to see threw his worthless crap so thankfully he wasn't steered down the wrong path. Just more proof that having a high post count means squat. You would be so surprised at how many people are mislead by guys like him. and no there wont be any fight, i added him to my ignore list it was clear as a bell he is a moron. i mean come on to claim a car that makes less power is faster then a car that makes more power , BUT oh yeah the car with less power needs gears that cost more then most turbo set ups and Oh lets not forget it also needs to be gutted, give me a break at that point the NA car could be faster.. DUH its a matter of gearing and hp per pound. but as soon as you do that exact same stuff to the car making more power well you get the idea. regardless i posted video proving a 250 whp full weight street car can run high 12s he has yet to show me a 180 whp full weight street car can do the same. so his 180 na whp > 250 whp boosted theory is busted :)

SSR is actually quite well versed in Honda Modification, dude. Fairly well known on Honda-Tech, as I've had people run his name by me when I ask about trans building in the lower Southeast States.

They don't give people who know jack sh*t the right to sell and distribute parts. There's gotta be know-how.

SSR is actually quite well versed in Honda Modification, dude. Fairly well known on Honda-Tech, as I've had people run his name by me when I ask about trans building in the lower Southeast States.

They don't give people who know jack sh*t the right to sell and distribute parts. There's gotta be know-how.

i didnt say he couldnt rebuild a tranny, or build a motor but even you have to admit his argument is bogus. reread the thread from the start and you will see its clear as a bell. he claimed 180 NA was better then 250 boosted, but then he had to add in well the NA would need to be gutted and use a gear set that cost thousands ect ect and if you want to impress me dont refer to hondatech because that place is more of a joke/flame/ethug fest then anything. I know what it takes to sell and distribute i started my own company almost 10 years ago and if i didnt have know-how i wouldnt still be paying the bills and my wifes expensive habits :(

i didnt say he couldnt rebuild a tranny, or build a motor but even you have to admit his argument is bogus. reread the thread from the start and you will see its clear as a bell. he claimed 180 NA was better then 250 boosted, but then he had to add in well the NA would need to be gutted and use a gear set that cost thousands ect ect and if you want to impress me dont refer to hondatech because that place is more of a joke/flame/ethug fest then anything. I know what it takes to sell and distribute i started my own company almost 10 years ago and if i didnt have know-how i wouldnt still be paying the bills and my wifes expensive habits :(

Depending on the setup 180/200 at the wheels is good for some low times. Even I've seen that. Kool and Deadly Customs (home to the fastest turbocharged Civic in north florida) had a 205whp ITR setup in a 92 civic hatch with a one-peice front end that was banging out 12's on a steady basis, this on slicks. It all depends really.

Another instance, something else I've seen. Two brothers, one @ 275 pounds and another right at 300 pounds.

300 pounder in an '00 Si with a boosted gsr setup, making about 265fwhp and the 275 pounder in a full interior 95 SI with a k20z1 swap. With just intake/header/exhaust and k-pro on the si he was dynoing like 209fwhp. He went 13.2@106 through the quarter whereas his brother went 13.4@103 or 104. 60' times on both were 2.0 or lower.

And I should note that if I can find video between the two, I will post it. 95 SI ran on street tires and the 00 ran on Drag Radials. I truly believe that had the hatch had drag radials or slicks he could've gone into the 12's.

As for the heavy 250whp car getting into the 12's.. That is pretty hard to see. Lol.

Do you not realize that the type of engine you have plays into how the rest of the car is setup? All motor cars need less weight. Thats a god given fact. I never said gutted. The interior plastcs and rear seat weigh jack compared to weight you can save elsewhere. Gear sets don't cost more than turbo setups. An MFactory 3/4/5 close gear set is $799.95 shipped MSRP. Very strategic of you to put me on ignore after stating I was done with this until you post a vid with audio of you against an all motor car with a gear set.

As for me being a ricer...

Do you not realize that the type of engine you have plays into how the rest of the car is setup? All motor cars need less weight. Thats a god given fact. I never said gutted. The interior plastcs and rear seat weigh jack compared to weight you can save elsewhere. Gear sets don't cost more than turbo setups. An MFactory 3/4/5 close gear set is $799.95 shipped MSRP. Very strategic of you to put me on ignore after stating I was done with this until you post a vid with audio of you against an all motor car with a gear set.

As for me being a ricer...

thats funny i ask about my hatch and u guys argue.. boosted91 i understand where u are comming from... thats my reasons of sending u a friend request cause u know your crap...but any ways does any one wlse want to start a new topic or a question i think yall have told me preety much everything to do with my hatch...lol...oh i posted a pic of my hatch on my profile... i will be posting more pics of the engine and frontal views as soon as i get the car back....so check it out and tell me what u think

Depending on the setup 180/200 at the wheels is good for some low times. Even I've seen that. Kool and Deadly Customs (home to the fastest turbocharged Civic in north florida) had a 205whp ITR setup in a 92 civic hatch with a one-peice front end that was banging out 12's on a steady basis, this on slicks. It all depends really.

Another instance, something else I've seen. Two brothers, one @ 275 pounds and another right at 300 pounds.

300 pounder in an '00 Si with a boosted gsr setup, making about 265fwhp and the 275 pounder in a full interior 95 SI with a k20z1 swap. With just intake/header/exhaust and k-pro on the si he was dynoing like 209fwhp. He went 13.2@106 through the quarter whereas his brother went 13.4@103 or 104. 60' times on both were 2.0 or lower.

And I should note that if I can find video between the two, I will post it. 95 SI ran on street tires and the 00 ran on Drag Radials. I truly believe that had the hatch had drag radials or slicks he could've gone into the 12's.

As for the heavy 250whp car getting into the 12's.. That is pretty hard to see. Lol.

Still a big difference between his claim of 180 WHP > 250 boosted, the ones you listed all made a decent amount over 180 WHP, every 10 WHP makes a huge difference in small cars, thats around 11-12 crank hp. and the first one you listed was clearly a gutted race car , you said it had a 1 peice front end. all i said to him was show me a 180 whp NA street car that isnt gutted that can run 12s, because i can show you many 250 whp ones that run 12s, i even offered to allow his example the super expensive gear set. but the only example he could come up with are gutted cars and more then half of those examples werent even running solid 12s. any way lets drop it the OP has decided what he wants to do so lets move on to helping him as best we can.

It has custom headers full meagan exaust, cold air intake. I was just wondering about the more mechanical stuff like boring over ported and polished, injectors, cranks, etc. different stuff like that. i have nothing againsta turbo but i heard alot of turbos usually mess up the engines.

hi :D welcome to HF...I don't know if it was already mentioned, but, you have the same engine as me and to get some power:

1) intake, intake manifold, throttle body (66mm)

2) header and exhaust

changing intake, you might want to change your ecu/obd

also, changing camshafts and cam gears would be good :D

hi :D welcome to HF...I don't know if it was already mentioned, but, you have the same engine as me and to get some power:

1) intake, intake manifold, throttle body (66mm)

2) header and exhaust

changing intake, you might want to change your ecu/obd

also, changing camshafts and cam gears would be good :D

all that has been done the next step as boosted91 instructed is a turbo....

lol me and not reading lol sowie...

boosted B is hot! hehe

I once had a list of all the parts to put a turbo together...these engines are so great you can boost on stock up to like 6-8 they say, but I was going to go with 5...up to you, since you won't be all stock!

Archived