Whos getting it tonight for the midnight release? I am since i have tomorrow off gives me a day to play around.

If anyone else is feel free to add me.

Gamertag: Jerrod H

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordered from Amazon, shipped yesterday. It's going to be here by Thursday, but Mario Kart said the same on tracking and showed up today. Here's hoping it shows up tomorrow.

I'm getting it from Best Buy today after my business midterm around 1ish. I only have to pay $4 for it. $50 BB gift card and $10 reward zone coupon FTW!

I'm getting it from Best Buy today after my business midterm around 1ish. I only have to pay $4 for it. $50 BB gift card and $10 reward zone coupon FTW!

Very FTW! I had a similar ordeal at gamestop bonus coupon + giftcard + $30

I stayed up till 7 this morning playing it. I got a good deal of the missions done. Haven't really bothered exploring to much yet, I'd rather do that once I get the mechanics down, and my self situwaited deep into Liberty City. Its pretty sweet. Alot different than previous GTA titles which has its ups and downs. I love the overall gameplay, shooting, fighting, driving, etc. But I kind of miss the HUGE scope of San Andreas. But the detail and graphics is amazing, the dating aspect is a nice tough for some funny laughs.

I love rockstars Hot Coffee crack when you "Go for it". Good way to shove it in their face!

Games different, if your open to that I feel you definitly love it like I do.

I got it at the midnight launch, came home played some, I went on the date with michelle, and I accidently scared her way to the bowling alley...i found a bottle that can be used as a flaming bomb...and I threw it on accident and scared her lol...

ZOMG THIS GAME IS TOO GOOD

I got it around 1:30 after class today, and have been playing ever since. Interneting/eating now, then I'm gonna check out multiplayer.

One of my favorite things is the TV in the save house across from the bed. It's 10x better than real-life TV, so funny.

I got it at the midnight launch, came home played some, I went on the date with michelle, and I accidently scared her way to the bowling alley...i found a bottle that can be used as a flaming bomb...and I threw it on accident and scared her lol...

I did the same thing but I took her to the Russian Bar and got hammered. Then on the way back I rolled the SUV over a cop and got a few wanted stars and ruined that date.

ZOMG THIS GAME IS TOO GOOD

I got it around 1:30 after class today, and have been playing ever since. Interneting/eating now, then I'm gonna check out multiplayer.

One of my favorite things is the TV in the save house across from the bed. It's 10x better than real-life TV, so funny.

I know the TV is very impressive. I'll probably actcually sit and watch it one day. Just it lol. Been online yet pretty funny stuff too!

I have to get used to these new driving controls. Too many times already, I tried to get away and merely sat still in the car leading to being dragged out or busted. Must remember: R2 makes vehicle go. :rolleyes:

I saw a cop chasing down some guy, so I thought it would be amusing to also chase down the guy. Turns out, I cut in front of the cop (both on foot), the cop tripped and I got stars.

Yeah the gameplay mechanics are a much steaper learning curve than previous GTA games but I'm liking it. Only thing I really miss bigtime is alot of the side-jobs/missions like the demo-derby, and customizing cars, etc. That I don't think are even unlockables.

lol holy crap that guy is a nutter...where does he feature in the game?

it made me laugh when i had got back after playing it the night it came out, flicked on the telly, first thing that popped up on BBC News 24, was a feature about gta n how big its gonna be, and how its gonna corrupt so many kids...lol.

i heard today that when people were queuing up for the game when it came out, there were several muggings of people that had already got it, and one guy got stabbed for the game!!! Any thing like that going on in the states?

Well once your in the safehouse and you turn on the TV theres a Bas and Jerry (I made up the second name, not sure who his cohost is)show on one of the channels... and he talks about kicking people in the groin and what not...good ol Bas

As far as any of that type of crap over here...nah not really well at least in Milwaukee, WI...its coo over here, seems like they had enough to share for the entire area here....although i stopped at Gamestop at Midnight to pick one up...and well there was a mile long line...so i went across the street to the other one, and bought one there. there were like 10 people standing in line there lol

I didn't even pre order one and I got it easily. I just walked into Best Buy and picked one up, they had at least a hundred copies in the floor, and about 10 of the special edition.

Yeah its pretty hit or miss. But rockstar's pretty good with big releases by now and the games been in its final (current state) longer than when most games get released so they had more production time.

The only time I have trouble finding a game upon release is if hardware is included with it, and this pertains only to the Wii since I can't remember buying any other games with hardware in the past xx years. (ie, Wii Play because of the extra remote and back then you couldn't even find extra remotes alone, so everyone bought up that lousy game; Mario Kart, I ordered from Amazon but when I was in Target on Sunday checked the aisle and there were none)

Jeez, cops don't f-ing mess around on 6 stars. I got shot in the head while in a car from a helicopter or something.

It gets ugly. Kind of bringing back my old teenage days when i got pissed at games. At a really tough mission and the end of it you got a massvie wanted level and tons of cops and have to drive accrossed most the city and lose em.

Jeez, cops don't f-ing mess around on 6 stars. I got shot in the head while in a car from a helicopter or something.

You know it would be cool if they had a killcam like Call of Duty 4 lol....man that would be sweet...then you would realize that that shot should of never hit you in the car....

How the hell were you guys getting 6 stars? I was kill cops left and right the most I can get is 4....

Oh yea do you get achievements in Free mode?

Oh yea do you get achievements in Free mode?

Free mode? I assume you mean non-missions?

I got some achievement for getting a 180 playing darts. lol

Driving is still a PITA for me. I'm not getting used to turning the camera and the car at the same time.

Free mode? I assume you mean non-missions?

I got some achievement for getting a 180 playing darts. lol

Driving is still a PITA for me. I'm not getting used to turning the camera and the car at the same time.

Maybe trying aiming the camera in a different direction? I don't have a problem with where I have mine aimed, I just always forget and try to use "x" to accelerate. I'll actually be able to sit down and log some real time into the game later tonight, but I have gotten much better at the driving. Getting used to the new fighting system though, I'm too trained on the old games still. >_<

Archived