My situation has changed.

We recently I got a big pay increase and got it going for money. Well I am saving some money here and there, like 50 bucks a paycheck set aside. Trying to look for a place to move out with a garage so I can work on my car and get the honda project going.

Well that now I have more money. I can do one of two things. after I buy another DD.

I can keep the H22 Block and get it resleeved and build it up from the bottom up and set-up the whole engine to run turbo. I would be getting custom pistons and everything. Run a H2B kit on it. Do what I can to the engine.

OR

I can save up some more money get rid of the h22 block and stuff and get a k20a2 swap, maybe try for a k24a block with a k20a2 head and build the engine from the bottom up with turbo. This is dream project so there is no rush to get it done. Plus this swap would be rare in a del sol.

I got these two options in front of me. I always wanted both of these swap but I gotta choose one. I know they are making parts for the k20 and the engine is in production so it might be easier to find it and aftermarket parts for it?

I know cranny will support the k20. What would you guys do?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't decide either.

Sorry daniel, I need to save some money for swap, I would buy your car if I had a bunch of money.

I probably will end up doing that. Getting a DD and fixing it up until the project is done. Maybe swap the old motor in the DD since the old one is still young.

I just gotta find a car, I wanna see how much they want for the 92 civic ex with the 200k on it. As long as it gets me from point a to b and has awesome gas mileage, that is all I care about.

I wanna see how much they want for the 92 civic ex with the 200k on it.

The correct going rate for such, provided it is in good repair, is around $2000-2500. granted you can find them for less, sometimes alot less, but that is the norm.

I was thinking maybe $1000-1500 maybe less, it has no stereo and it does not look like a ex but it is, still has the decal on the back saying civic ex on it. so yeah, the paint is fading a bit. I have not checked out the motor or anything.

if you want one on the real cheap your best bet are the 5spd dx 4dr, like mine. The d15b7 and the heavier 4dr is hated by every tuner and ricer alike. I can pick them up on craigslist with blown headgaskets and otherwise decent repair for as little as 400-500. full running but rusty in the 800-1200 range.

I appreciate, I dunno ssarah is telling me I could pick her bf's spec v for for about 8 then get the vq35de from her too and drop it it. that would be super fast but this is after I get the sol running and everything. then I would swap the engine on the spec v. I always wanted one I dunno for the same price I could pick up a super cheap civic but a k20 swap it in and turbo it and have some money left over with a some good dd or a awesome dd and such....I dunno

craigslist is your friend for ridiculously cheap rides for DD. tomorrow i go to look at a 90 prelude for $500 that needs a throwout bearing. it may be worth it to buy and drive until it fails completely and destroys the trans and then junk the car for scrap metal. stuff like this falls out of the sky daily if you are diligent looking for it.

Archived