Mods for 98 integra b16a2

I have a 98 integra gsr with b16a2 motor. Only mods i have is apexi ws2 and shortram intake.

I am looking for some small mods to gain some noticably gains. was thinking about AEM V2 intake and JDM ITR header. How are those parts and would it fit in my car? someone told me to get cams too but im a complete noob at this so what are some good cams.

also i think i have a problem with my vtec. it doesnt sound like all my friends vtec. It has a really high pitch sound. doesnt seem right. anyone know what could n the problem if it is a problem?

• 4 weeks later...

yea it should have a b18C1 in it. thats the stock GSR motor from 94-01. but w/e yea a V2 intake will go onto that. but they arnt cheap. also id do cams hell yea i got a buddy thats got stage 3 crower VTEC cams. with a 496 lift they r a noticable increase but you gotta get it tuned or it runs funny.

Don't buy a B18C1. That would be a pretty dumb idea in my opinion (although not as dumb as the person who put a B16 in a teg).

My suggestion......Buy a B20 block and build it up using your B16 head. Then you'd have a really nice torque curve, 200+whp easily and probably less money than swapping a stock B18C1. If you have the B16 tranny, then that would make the B20-Vtec setup even better.

Edited by HungGSR

IF I keep my car, then I've considered that build in the future. At my current rate I'll have 150,000 miles by the time the wife graduates and starts working. My engine will need a rebuild before boost (to be safe), so I might just do a CR-Vtec build with a JR S/C for around 250-270whp and very nice torque. Should make a killer DD, pretty reliable and be killer on the auto-x course.

i've heard sme good things about them, plus they are cheaper for me than Hmotorsonline.com lol

Edit: do they sell with axles and shifting linkage?

Edited by Hatch92

you got many options that you can go with, you can get aftermarket parts for ur b16..

cams, intake manifold, header (4-1), pistons, rods,

but as you said you want some bolt ons that will add not lots of power but noticeable power, and about ur vtec not engageing hard just take the vtec solenoid off the head and clean out the screen for better oil flow