Accident Last Night.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn man, sucks again. Wow. Get that puppy fixed up b4 the meet man.

And Rick, I hope you already know to drive very very carefully on that bike and pay attention to all cars around you at all times.

easy to laugh at it now. but not after i end up decapitated by a semi trailer or something similar.

you mean like this guy? I had to link to it, it's a little graphic:

oops

easy to laugh at it now. but not after i end up decapitated by a semi trailer or something similar.

=\ Don't say that...

Damn man, sucks again. Wow. Get that puppy fixed up b4 the meet man.

And Rick, I hope you already know to drive very very carefully on that bike and pay attention to all cars around you at all times.

Yeah, It should be fixed and fully repainted before the meet. Hopefully converted to a 5-speed as well.

=\ Don't say that...

Yeah, It should be fixed and fully repainted before the meet. Hopefully converted to a 5-speed as well.

Want to buy some del Sol SOHC shift linkage for the conversion? Since you cant use regular civic linkage......

sooo. i would love to thank all of you having accidents because today there was one that i got to experience.

im out with a buddy riding palomar moutain (a really really curvy road). i have a passenger on the back of my bike.

so here we are gliding through these turns at 40+ when it happens. there is some loose gravel through the apex of one of the turns. I managed to dodge it but my friend hit it straight on. he dropped the bike and saved himself from serious injury by letting go of the bike instead of holding on. the bike slammed into one of the cliff walls (not really cliff, but steep and full of rocks) along side the road and he skidded into a ditch. so, i turn around and parked the bike and jumped off to help him out. he ended up with some pretty gnarly road rash on his left knee and a bruised ankle but that was it. he was wearing leathers which really saved him some painful injuries. while picking the bike up out of the ditch i accidentally put my hand on the exhaust pipe and burned off half my finger prints.

so, we pulled the bike out eventually with the help of some other bikers who stopped, (i swear, riding a motorcycle makes you a part of a sacred brotherhood, everyone looks out for each other. 10 bikers stopped to make sure we were ok, and every car that went by just stared and kept on going). the crash broke the fairings on the left side of the bike, tore off the left mirror, and snapped the shifter pedal in half. i bent what was left of the shifter pedal outward that way he could shift and drive the bike home. all in all, there is about $300 in damage done to the bike and he has a scraped knee.

wow so glad you guys are ok :)

true, bikers really do look out for eachother...

I look out for them too like on the freeway, I see them coming from far and I pull to the other side of the lane so they have a lot of space to go through!

so glad everyone is ok :)

no, no one is next!

let's tell stories of accidents we have seen lately?

I let a big van get in front of me in traffic and then I see the guy get in and hit the car in front of it! loool

and then I pass by this car with a crushed hood...and I notice there are flames coming out of the engine! the guys were just standing next to it exchanging insurance or whatever! idiots!!

let's tell stories of accidents we have seen lately?

I haven't seen any accidents lately but on the drive home from Boston there was a fire in the median of the highway for some reason, in the grass. There was no one there but it was producing a lot of smoke and was blowing right across my side of the highway. Had to pull all the way to the right lane and even so when I drove through it, I got a big whiff of something very hot burning.

Well. The Insurance Adjuster never came to look at the car. My dad took it to the body shop to get an estimate while I was at work. Came out to $4100. The frame is bent a tad. The insurance company is trying to get out of giving me any cash out of it. It's not my fault they're stupid ass driver was sleepy and blew through a stop sign. WTF. I'll just keep you guys updated on everything that goes on.

it's sad that they want out of fixing it, but it is amusing that I called this so perfectly.

If you do not have it repaired or buy it back, call me ASAP. I will.

So yeah, that sucks that the insurance is trying to give you nothing. That is how it works. you pay every month for nothing but when it comes down to actually using what they offer, in this case a car payout or whatever. They won't do what they say and if they do, they drag there feet oh so slow.

so we were driving down the road today and i saw a lot of fire trucks and fire/rescue trucks(they are just red pick-ups) and we got stopped so an ambulance could get out of the mess and i saw a phone pole at a 45 degree angle and a black suv.. and i was like o so moron hit a light pole again.. well when they said we could start going again i realized there was a blue car in between the pole and the SUV.. and it was smashed.. the blue car looked like a bowtie how smashed the middle of it was.. i guess the blue car pulled out in front of the SUV i just dont know how they ended up in a light pole too.. it reminded me of all the wrecks everyone is gettin into

Archived