Accident Last Night.

Last night on my way home. Was doing 60, saw a truck on the other road. Looked like he was doing the same speed. He blew through the stop sign and was coming towards me. Locked the brakes up and turned to the left. I slid, then plowed into him. Car might be little, but it's a tank. Probably going to be considered totaled though. Here's Some Pics.

0308081054a.jpg

0308081054.jpg

0308081056.jpg

0308081054b.jpg

0308081055a.jpg

0308081055.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah pretty much. Don't think anything else is wrong. The front bumper support is bent a little. The tow truck never showed up so I drove it home. Seems to ride fine, the rim's bent a little. Scuffed to hell. Found out that they're like made of a fiberglass composite or something. Just hope this stuff goes over well.

OUCH AND DAMN that must really suck. at least nobody was injured. So are you hoping it is considered or not? If it is totalled what are you going to do? look for another del sol or what?

Keep us updated.

I almost cried. That poor car AND you. I hope you're okay. If they total it out, you can always buy it back and fix it yourself as long as there isn't any frame damage and such. You should check it out and hopefully it's all just cosmetic.

I'm hoping it isn't. If it is, I'll probably just buy it back from the salvage yard, then fix everything up. Hopefully a full repaint too.

b59c8fb8.gif

lololol you gotta' look at how insurance companies see it, scott.

if they don't think it's worth it they won't waste their time.

When I totaled out my Mustang it ended up being like 7,500 dollars worth of damage. They merely base it on blue book or black book value and go from there. If the price of repair is near what it's worth..

Kiss it bye.

ouch! sorry to see that but as long as youre okay, thats really all that matters. it looks fixable but then again there might be damage to the frame. hope you can save it.

Yeah, the insurance guy is coming to look at it Monday, so I'll have to see how that goes. I'll keep you guys posted on what goes on, and hopefully if I can save it, I'll post pictures of the progress on the car.

looks exactly like what had happened to mine before we bought it. The frame comes right out to the corner just behind the light assembly. You most certainly have at least minor frame damage. book value on a s model sol is crap. You can barely paint the front clip and not have it be totaled. That being said what you have there is seems to be about the easiest self-fix you can do. New fender, bumper and hood. New light assembly and depending on how bad it is, new core support if needed. Other wise get out the hammer and sheetmetal screws. You likely would never get the bolt holes to line up right, so just get the panels aligned and screw everything together. Go get an alignment and paint....

wow man, first you, then buddysol, good thing im not driving my car right now

because you said that a tree is going to fall on the garage where you car is stored.

i wonder if he could press that case in court if he was a devout atheist?

my vehicle policy will not cover my car if a tree falls on it in my driveway...but my homeowners policy will

Archived