Anybody here know much about mopeds?

Prangy

Since I hear gas is going up, was looking to get a moped. The one I am looking at doesn't run. The guy says that he added oil into the gas tank before he added the gas causing the carb. I assume to get plugged up. It is a 1978 pinto. Any body know where to get moped parts from to I have been looking with no success.

Get one.

LS1 swap.

DECIMATE ALL!

The end would be so front heavy. If he puts it in the back it will be in permant wheelie mode. LMAO.

Naw get a LS7, Go big or go home.

That would be freaking sweet.

You should turbo it too.

I'm not going to lie to you, there are two types of people that ride mopeds here in Houston.

1) Wives of "DINK" couples (dual income no kids). These couple usually live the urban life and have a lot of money.

2) Homosexuals or lesbians. I sh*t you not. There is a county for gay and lesbians and you see a lot of them cruise on mopeds.

By all means, if you want a moped, go for it! I think they're fun to ride on.

most of the people around here that ride mopeds are old men who had too many dui's and got their license taken away.. you should buy a electric car instead.. they are awesome.. this was some random guy we saw at the movies and he drove us around in it.. there was four of us in it and we had room to spare... it was powered by a huge battery thing where the motor should have been... he said they just plug it up before bed haha

th_2.jpg

Moped? As in a bike with an engine that you pedal? BAH!

How 'bout a Suzuki Scooter?

mt_suzuki_1.jpg

Scooter gangs...next thing to hit America. You just wait and see...lol. :laugh:

most of the people around here that ride mopeds are old men who had too many dui's and got their license taken away.. you should buy a electric car instead.. they are awesome.. this was some random guy we saw at the movies and he drove us around in it.. there was four of us in it and we had room to spare... it was powered by a huge battery thing where the motor should have been... he said they just plug it up before bed haha

th_2.jpg

That is sweet but I would probably forget to plug it in or My luck it would die cause I used it all day. That would suck.

I would try and race people in it. I wish there was a neutral on it so I rev up my eletrical motor at people but really is no tranny so that sucks.

Moped? As in a bike with an engine that you pedal? BAH!

How 'bout a Suzuki Scooter?

mt_suzuki_1.jpg

Scooter gangs...next thing to hit America. You just wait and see...lol. :laugh:

That actually looks enough like a motorcycle, so you wouldn't get made fun of. Hell, I might go buy one of these.

you would still get made fun of because its still a scooter.

get a bike. not a moped.

go find yourself a little 500cc bike and you will be happy.

hell, you can buy my ninja 500 if you want.

you would still get made fun of because its still a scooter.

get a bike. not a moped.

go find yourself a little 500cc bike and you will be happy.

hell, you can buy my ninja 500 if you want.

Yea, but you live all the way over there, and I live all the way over here. I'd rather have a CBR anyway.

My friend has a gsxr 750. It is fast and nice bike.

My other friend picked up a cbr 600 for $300 bucks from a navy guy moving.

You should get a gsxr 1000. That bike would scare the sh!t out of me.

But yet again I don't ride bikes so I would have no use for it.

Well first off I am not gay haha, and second i really do not care if my friends know they can all screw off. I do not have money for a motorcycle otherwise I would jump on one and go now. thanks anyways

My friend has a moped and, honestly, I think it's prolly a lot more work than it's worth. Gets like 45 mpg instead of 30 out of your average honda... But he got one that didn't work, saved a couple hundred, and ended up having to spend a lot of time and almost as much as he saved getting it running. Just get a brand new one. Europe has a much better selection, though.

Archived