What did you look like back in the day?

Sapphyre

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phenolphthalein is a mild diaretic, and as such, was (and may still be found) used as a laxative; in low concentrations of course.

Adding alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, and phenolphthalein in a specific order (and not in the order I gave), creates a solution that can detect blood. Like on CSI, when the q-tip turns pink, and they say ah-hah. Well the pink is phenolphthalein.

I originally considered a degree in Chemical Engineering, but chose not to relocate the family in search of an ABET certified program.

you learn the most interesting things in chemistry.. haha.. i think she told us the laxative part

and i agree with chris.. just cover the light bulb with your hand

and i agree with chris.. just cover the light bulb with your hand

You have to be a little careful doing that though. I actually burnt my finger doing that once. The flashbulb gets really hot for that split second!

thanks Chris and all :) I tried that now and the pic comes out orange...

I just played a bit with the camera and I found the "no flash" thing! yaaay! thanks :)

now I can take the pics lol

EDIT: and now I can't get them to be all detail and not blurry...

I'll bring the pics to the meet? if I don't forget :D

I really tried lol these are as clear as I can make them lol

it can't be the camera. It was made in Japan lol...it's Canon PowerShot SD900 and 10 mega pixels...and 7.7-23.1mm 1:2.8-4.9 and zooms like 3x lol

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

and I'm not cross-eyed at all even though I look like it in some pics lol

Lina, this ain't rocket science, you drunkard...

I'll try to get some of my old photos up here when I can finally get my laptop connected. 5 year old laptops + cheap wireless cards + free wifi at McDonalds = crap's weak.

LOL

you have used that joke on me so many times! lol when I couldn't open the gate to Rick's house lol and then when I was driving and now here lol I'm changing careers! haha

everyone post more pics :D make up for my blurry ones lol

lol, i think i've made a big enough contribution to this thread so far.... i'll let everyone else have a chance to upload some. but i have hundreds of photos from back then- i was (and still am somewhat) such a photowhore! haha.

Archived