What did you look like back in the day?

Sapphyre

So Scott (Hatch92) and I were talking about highschool photos and the horrors of what we looked like back then. So that got me wondering... what did everyone here look like back in the day?

Post your embarrassing photos up!

sometime during freshman year

MeHollyCoultonAliceNicklessTheShedl.jpg

end of freshman year/beginning of sophomore year (its actually a wig because my mom wouldn't let me cut my hair)

n700235160_66129_7585.jpg

end of sophomore year

n700235160_66128_7295.jpg

beginning of junior year- day of the homecoming game

MeChelsee-homecoming2002.jpg

end of junior year

lexianastasia.jpg

beginning of Senior year

n700235160_66126_6818.jpg

end of senior year

n700235160_66123_9470.jpg

edit- photo for comparison

100_2252.jpg

Edited by damagedporcelain

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh.....i look the same...

'06 me and my uncle...

meanduncle.jpg

Prom

yooo.jpg

My prom date that year....actually had a fling with her last summer haha

ashley.jpg

and for comparison....like last week..

Photo112.jpg

-->i sell so much on Amazon...make mad moolah

Freshman with long hair

DSC03604.jpg

I think this was Sophomore year

DSC03785.jpg

Junior Year

1175229150_l.jpg

Summer before Senior year

n31406961_30461106_7274.jpg

000Untitled-1.jpg

HS graduation

n1146450128_30034389_4808.jpg

September 07, first week of college

n1149090092_30038167_1781.jpg

And me now

n199104188_32093424_4231.jpg

I have more from the olden days, just have to dig them up.

Well, Sony's digital camera was the size of a styrofoam McDonalds container when I was in high school, so most of my pictures (well, all) are non-digital. Now if you remember that camera, AND styrofoam McDonalds containers, we should be around the same age.

So instead, here are some college days to be compared with the recent stuff.

Me performing a titration:

000_0066.jpg

Me driving to Titusville to catch a shuttle launch with the kids.

100_5614.jpg

Me graduating with a degree in Chemistry and a Minor in Mathematics.

Grad01.jpg

Now some more recent stuff.

This is me 90lbs. lighter coming out of the Atlantic Ocean (1/4 mile swim) into T1 (Transition 1) during my first Triathlon.

2007JaxTriJames100.jpg

Here I am shaving 9 minutes of my previous year's time at the Rita run here in Jax, FL.

RitaCashinTheSpring2007_2.jpg

You can tell I was still green at that point (running with an iPod). I was a newbie.

Edited by James Matteu

Performing a titration..or METH LAB.. :o

I was performing the Iodine Clock experiment in Physical Chemistry. As the Iodide Ion complexes with a starch alpha-helix, the solution reduces in pH and creates an optical rotation that we measure over time. The complex is sensitive to temperature, so we perform multiple runs in several isotherms.

we just did a couple titrations in my general chem 2 class... but its easy crap like vinegar and NAOH with phenolphthalein as an indicator.. way more basic then the crap your doin but im going for engineering.. you can have fun with your chem major

I remember McDonald's styrofoam containers. My brother had this awesome book on how to make various planes out of those things...lol. Back when fries were fried in animal fats and apple pies weren't baked.

I too have very limited photos of my youth since digital cameras didn't come into play until about college also. Lets see if i can dig up anything good.

remember the containers? hell, I worked there when they had the god-awful things.

I too shall scan some youthful pictures. I also predate common digital photography

we just did a couple titrations in my general chem 2 class... but its easy crap like vinegar and NAOH with phenolphthalein as an indicator.. way more basic then the crap your doin but im going for engineering.. you can have fun with your chem major

Phenolphthalein is a mild diaretic, and as such, was (and may still be found) used as a laxative; in low concentrations of course.

Adding alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, and phenolphthalein in a specific order (and not in the order I gave), creates a solution that can detect blood. Like on CSI, when the q-tip turns pink, and they say ah-hah. Well the pink is phenolphthalein.

I originally considered a degree in Chemical Engineering, but chose not to relocate the family in search of an ABET certified program.

Edited by James Matteu

he liked it.... and i messed his knee up in the process. when you work with the same people all the time you learn who has knee and back problems and you try to mess with them to make it worse.

^ and my wife taking pictures...

Edit: that was after i asked him if he ever made love to a man. lol

Edited by Hatch92

i found more saved in an old photobucket i never use:

family1987.jpg

i was an attention whore even as a baby. (ok, so its not a highschool photo, but admit it- i was cute back then!)

gothed.jpg

i was 16, with fashion sense still stuck in the 80's (2002)

June23rd006.jpg

june 2005...the days of two tone hair, blue eyeshadow and being as white as a ghost.

meosprey.jpg

i think i was 15... i was volunteering at the resevoir doing conservation.. aka. birdwatching. i was a geek. lol. (2001/2002)

LexiRonaldWinterfest2003.jpg

winterfest junior year with my hs sweetheart (2003)

yeah it is. and my [step]dad. that photo was taken a few months after they got married.

everyone says that even though mom & i don't look so much the same anymore though. I'm starting to look a lot more like my biological dad these days (which, if i can find my photos of him, i'll scan in and post so you can see) and she looks almost identical to her father.

l_1c03686ab4aff7d72275c4957913688a.jpg

taken last march.

xmas006.jpg

at xmas- you can still tell she's my mother, but we don't look quite so much the same anymore. we have the same forehead and nose but that's about it now. I don't even have the same body structure as her.

nice pics everyone :)

I was digging and found them but they are not digital...scanner has issues right now...so I took pics of the pics with my digital camera hehe :D

can't see so well but:

1) high school...jumped in the water fountains at city walk and hopped around with ballet moves to dodge water but got wet anyway...and was crazy on the escalator

2) all my friends in the car partying hehe

3) college, before a party probably

citywalk.jpg

allinthecar.jpg

collegebeforeparty.jpg