shifting

jcfbaby

well depending on what kind of car you have, what motor an trans it can varry, but you can buy a rpm tac, and you can just shift when the motor sounds inbetween idle and redline maybe a little lower for casual driving lol ? ? ? ? ime gonna say what i would do idk if it sounds right but i fracks with a R tranny short ass ratios

1st gear - 2nd gear = 14-16 mph

2nd - 3rd gear = 24-27 mph

3rd-4th = 30-40

lol i have no cluee i never really pay attention to that, just to my wideband!!!! theeheheheheheheheh~!~

you can just by a rpm tac for like 40 bucks but dont get a huge one!!! get a nice small one so it dont look ricey!!!!~!~ or just get another civic cluster with rpm.s should just plug right up~!

i drive a hatchback cx 99 bone stock for now just a daily driver i checked autozone for those rpm tachs theyre like 120 dollars but yeh they look nice tho haha

i drive a hatchback cx 99 bone stock for now just a daily driver i checked autozone for those rpm tachs theyre like 120 dollars but yeh they look nice tho haha i like to go 0-25 from first to 25-40-second 40-55 third 55-65 to fourth so what you guys think

go a little lower on the gears to get better gas mileage. or you could order a 96-99 civic ex cluster to stuff into your dash. plug and play bitches!!

true but thats not bad tho right? i like to gain some speed thats why

So why come on here and ask up when you should shift?... sounds to me like you already have it figured out... i look at it this way... if you bounce it off of the limiter.. you should have shifted a little sooner...

agreeing with above...

and I go by sound too most of the time...if you were to look at the rpm's all the time and not look at the road/cars, you would crash the car lol

agreed...i go by the sound or i feel for it, i rarely look at my tach on my civic, i'm just so used to it now..shifting is like second hand to me, but evryones diffrent.

Archived