problem with vtec

I kinda put this on the back burner for now, but now it is time to take care of it. When I was getting my car dynoed and tuned the guy said my vtec was not engaging all the way. He checked and it does have power electrically to it. So that rules out one problems. He was thinking there was not enough oil pressure making vtec not work. I am not leaking oil at all so I do not see how I am losing oil pressure. Any suggestions besides trying another vtec solenoid. If I do try another solenoid will I notice the difference in performance, I want to know it is working right before I hit some higher rpm's. thanks

I kinda put this on the back burner for now, but now it is time to take care of it. When I was getting my car dynoed and tuned the guy said my vtec was not engaging all the way. He checked and it does have power electrically to it. So that rules out one problems. He was thinking there was not enough oil pressure making vtec not work. I am not leaking oil at all so I do not see how I am losing oil pressure. Any suggestions besides trying another vtec solenoid. If I do try another solenoid will I notice the difference in performance, I want to know it is working right before I hit some higher rpm's. thanks

if the guy was dynoing your car he should be able to see on the power curve if it's turning on. also there is no such thing as the vtec not fully kicking in. either its off or on. To check oil pressure for vtec attach a guage to the bolt located in front o the head next to the solenoid. If the the solenoid is actually working but the vtec is not engaging then the vtec gasket (has a screen) might be clogged, but the dyno would show you the power curve. If it's clogged, what is it clogged with? could be a disaster.

Alright took it off to have a gander at it and it is not clogged with any thing so i am all good on that. When it was on the dyno he said it wasn't engaging so I am thinking of picking up another vtec solenoid some wehre. Thanks for the reply horse

Archived