Hey all

PJ4553

Hello, I'm venturing over from the GM forums to learn a little bit about fwd cars and their performance capabilities. When I go to car shows and check out the Hondas I hear "Yea its got a B-BLah-Balah in it" and I never have any idea what they are talking about. So I'm just here to learn don't mind me if I ask dumb questions lol.

hello! i like the car.. anymore pics? i have a 88 firebird and a truck with all mustang stuff in it.. i bought the honda for gas milage and love it now.. you should invest in one.. they are cheap light and fun.. this is mine:

l_912ebf8e405812ba5723226707222e1c.jpg

where yah from?

hello! i like the car.. anymore pics? i have a 88 firebird and a truck with all mustang stuff in it.. i bought the honda for gas milage and love it now.. you should invest in one.. they are cheap light and fun.. this is mine:

l_912ebf8e405812ba5723226707222e1c.jpg

where yah from?

I'm from Louisiana. I have a few more picc but I gotta dig them up.

yah the catfish thing confused me.. (still is)

like we just bought an 04 z71 (to pull the cars to the track) and everyone was like 'oh its a batman front end'.. still dont get it.. just not seein it..

The front of my car looks like a catfish! Haha! I got an 06 silverado and I really don't see any batman in it..

do you go to nopi nationals in GA by any chance.. you said car shows and nopi isnt TOO far from you

Never been.. I know people who have gone but I never went.

Unless you get a H22, well.....naw there is a huge torque difference.

I was going to get a 1994 firebird forumal with the LT1 corvette engine in it but the head cracked after I replaced the head gasket so I said screw it.

I am glad my honda is simple. That is one thing you will learn is the hondas are a easy thing to work on if you ever do.

Unless you get a H22, well.....naw there is a huge torque difference.

I was going to get a 1994 firebird forumal with the LT1 corvette engine in it but the head cracked after I replaced the head gasket so I said screw it.

I am glad my honda is simple. That is one thing you will learn is the hondas are a easy thing to work on if you ever do.

Ls1's arn't so bad. It just looks like alot stuffed under the hood you can usually work your way around under the hood once you get used to it. Removing all the emissions crap like AIR and EGR helps. I live in Louisiana so I dont need that stuff anyway. LT1's.. well thats a diffrent story.

I dunno, I have personal preference building LT1's cause i have rebuilt them many times and if I recall isn't the block like mild steel or something not alumn. like the LS1. Better for building.

Yeah both engines in a camaro or firebird looked so stuffed under any hood.

It is so hard to work on.

One thing I hated was the opti-spark system. Those things suck replacing and go out so fast.

The easiest thing to understand about Honda engines is the first letter is a series, usually all accords, or all civics, etc. The two numbers following are the size (17 = 1.7L, 22 = 2.2L)....in case you didn't know.

Oh yea, welcome to Ricers R Us...I mean HF :p

I dunno, I have personal preference building LT1's cause i have rebuilt them many times and if I recall isn't the block like mild steel or something not alumn. like the LS1. Better for building.

Yeah both engines in a camaro or firebird looked so stuffed under any hood.

It is so hard to work on.

One thing I hated was the opti-spark system. Those things suck replacing and go out so fast.

The LT1 block is an iron block. It's basically a spin off of the tried and true 350 small block Chevy. They are tuff and heavy. LSX's are a far superior starting point over the ole LT1. Lighter weight and much better flowing heads. Mod for mod they will always out gun the LT1's. The opti-spark or as we call it "opti-crap" was a poor design by GM. You can fix the problem by buying after market replacements. I'm not 100% positive but I think MSD makes the best one.

The easiest thing to understand about Honda engines is the first letter is a series, usually all accords, or all civics, etc. The two numbers following are the size (17 = 1.7L, 22 = 2.2L)....in case you didn't know.

Oh yea, welcome to Ricers R Us...I mean HF :p

Ok.. Ok.. That makes sense. Now what are the letters in front of the numbers mean?

Archived