odometer ?

hecntg

The quick and dirty method to make an odometer accurate again that I remember cranny saying was to take off the glass cover, remove the needle, drive next to someone you know is going a particular speed, and put your needle down exactly on that speed.

The quick and dirty method to make an odometer accurate again that I remember cranny saying was to take off the glass cover, remove the needle, drive next to someone you know is going a particular speed, and put your needle down exactly on that speed.

That would make the speedometer accurate,not the odometer. The odometer is what tracks the mileage and wouldn't be affected by the needle's location. If you are trying to set back the odometer, that's hugely illegal, and while I know how to do it, I'm not telling anybody directions on illegal stuff.

That's from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I'm pretty sure if you do that (at least on a honda), the mileage still increases.

i know that it wont work. it was a sarchastic statement.:thumbsup:

yeh dwag u prob got scammed, u should roll back da milez and sell it fo more than u paid fo it

Wow....great advice bud. He possibly get's scammed and you recommend that he scam someone else in return? Real nice.

NO, NO you guys got it all twisted i just want to fix the prblem, its not turning, im not tryin to roll it back or non of that, im just tryin to get it to work again, can i jus replace it wit a used one or????????????

NO, NO you guys got it all twisted i just want to fix the prblem, its not turning, im not tryin to roll it back or non of that, im just tryin to get it to work again, can i jus replace it wit a used one or????????????

your saying the odometer isn't moving at all?

• 3 weeks later...

If the trany was just replaced or rebuilt, make sure the wire connect to the VSS unit is properly connected (it is located in/on the transmission). If not try that first. You can also test the VSS to see if it is working properly. The other somewhat common problem with that generation car is that the spedo head fails. The only fix for that is a new one or a used one of similar mileage.

Archived