best engine swap for 93 hatch

spladam1984

i want to swap the engine and tranny out of my 93 hatch for something alot faster i was wonderin what you think is the best way to go. i dont have alot of money to spend but i can do the work myself, i just want some suggestions on whats best

yeah im getting about 1000 on my tax return that im going to use the car is completly stock now.

i have owend 4 hondas but never did deep engine work and have only done one swap. i think i might go for the Ls motor thats in the old integra's right ?

Maybe it's because of where I live... B20 parts are hard to find and are more expensive. B16's and B18's are easier and more affordable. Considering, they're just about in every junkyard here.

-shrugs- It's a matter of taste and opinion, I suppose.

um b20 = crv motor........not common what?

B20's aren't common here... to find for a motor swap. Sure, I see plenty of people driving CRV's. Like I said, they just aren't as common for a motor swap as a B16 or B18. Here, you can't find a lot of them for sale or in junkyards. By "here" I mean Memphis, Tn.

YOU DONT HAVE TO SPEND THAT MUCH MONEY ALL YOU GOT TODO IS PORT AND POLISH THE HEAD AND THE INTAKE MANIFOLD ALL THE MATERIALS ARE FOUNF AT YOUR NEAREST ACE HARDWARE OR LOWES. ALSO AND A CAM TO YOUR HEAD. HEADERS AND UPGRADE YOUR THROTTLEBODY.

Listen to everyone elses advice except this guy.

and it seems this questions is asked daily.

First off. Year, make model of car...

second off, HP goals, boost, or NA, and how much money.

third, DD or just once in a while

fourth, Auto x or drag?

and it seems this questions is asked daily.

First off. Year, make model of car...

second off, HP goals, boost, or NA, and how much money.

third, DD or just once in a while

fourth, Auto x or drag?

Welcome to HondaForums.

Enjoy your stay.

Archived