Should I get a new trunk?

chris_agu28

Well who ever has had the car before me has drilled a hole in my trunk to mount a CB antenna and now I have decided I wanna do something about it.

Should I bondo, fiberglass, plug the hole?

Or just buy a new trunk?

here is some pics.

There also used some concrete or something.

l_699a6cde978de76d187abb7fa9cab1ea.jpg

l_7823601258c89fe03499204799dcbf85.jpg

Well, I mean, that's a question of a real cheap repair (think under 100 bucks to do it yourself and get it resprayed) or more than 500 to just buy a new trunk...

Yeah, this is true.. but well worth it..lol... and i would check a local junk yard... might be able to pick one up cheap that will match up nicely with the color of your car.

id just fix it too. a lot less money, and if you just have a CF trunk it will look dumb

HATER!! It will look amazing on black im tellin ya

CFtrunk.jpg

Well I am getting the car repainted to that STI blue like on HUNG's old del sol and I don't wanna over do the carbon fiber. I looking at a carbon fiber hood and maybe a new targa top but I dunno. Some CF trunks look nice but the del sol's trunk is very large and oddly shaped so it would look weird but who knows, It might look good.

I know on like a Evo 8 the CF trunk looks awesome.

So I might end up fixing the hole, Get a new/used black trunk, or a CF trunk. Have not decided yet.

hunggsr and a few others were discussing this once...if I remember right, they said the sun ends up damaging it so, to protect it, you have to sand down whatever it is that's on top and then clear coat it!

Archived