new brakes

jcfbaby

If they were fine to begin with, and just worn you won't feel much difference. Ceramic pads typically last longer, and run cooler than metallic pads. As long as you changed the pads properly, you won't need to bleed the brakes.

the pads were done. i changed it because i was hearing like broken glass around that area, i changed the brake pads and the sound is still there. i dont know what it is. do you guys have any ideas? ive going step by step to make this my daily driver for now ive only had my car for 3 weeks.

How old is your fluid?

What color is it?

The Department of Transportation mandates a chemical indicator be added to brake fluid such that the indicator takes on a progressively brown-er appearance as the fluid absorbs atmospheric moisture.

Check your fluid, you may need to replace it, especially if you vehicle has undergone repeated brake maintenance operations without the replacement of the fluids.

the pads were done. i changed it because i was hearing like broken glass around that area, i changed the brake pads and the sound is still there. i dont know what it is. do you guys have any ideas? ive going step by step to make this my daily driver for now ive only had my car for 3 weeks.

sounds like you have a bad wheel bearing. jack up the front of the car and rock the wheel front side to side, up and down. if it rocks you have a wheel bearing thats is bad.

Edited by Hatch92

i thought that alot of cermic pads normally squeak when the breaks are applied. i don't have cermic pads but my brakes squeak when they get dirty or when they build up that almost rusty haze from sitting for too long. i'll do a hard tap on the brakes real quick (like your brake checking someone) and that usually clears the gunk off the rotors.