MGS4: Guns of the Patriot

So any of you catch the release date for Metal Gear? June 12th apparently...

...oddly enough it's going to come in a bundle! What comes in this bundle?

mgs4_ps3_bundle_box.jpg

80GB PS3 w/ a DualShock SIXAXIS controller and MGS4, of course. All for a hefty, $500.

So any of you catch the release date for Metal Gear? June 12th apparently...

...oddly enough it's going to come in a bundle! What comes in this bundle?

mgs4_ps3_bundle_box.jpg

80GB PS3 w/ a DualShock SIXAXIS controller and MGS4, of course. All for a hefty, $500.

divide that by two and you got yourself a deal sony!

i cant justify spending $500 for a video game

True. Something is wrong with Sony's pricing structure. Which for the most part shouldn't have happened in the first place cause they criticized Microsoft of confusing the consumer with too many SKUs.

1. $60 for a PS3 blockbuster, and almost $60 for the controller with rumble. Hmmm, that leaves an 80GB PS3 for about $380.

2. The 80GB Motorstorm bundle costs exactly the same: $499. And that's with a crappy game and a non-rumble controller.

3. Who in the world would buy a 60GB PS3 and a non-rumble controller for $499. People adamant about backwards compatibility apparently.

4. Or just opt for non-backwards compatible 40GB w/ controller for $399 and buy the rumble controller ($60) and game ($60) separately.

The concept is cool, but I would like to see what it actually looks like, thats just a concept of what the package would look like. If its backwards compatible like the japanese one then I say its somewhat worth it...people were paying 599 for 60GB when they came out...but then again Sony is going to have a price cut by Summer, they got rid of two executives there and they were hurting so they announced a price cut sometime this year....so hopefully that MGS system is only 399

I think it's great that Sony is frackin' up their sh!t like this. Sooner they fail and get out of the video-game business the better.

I'd like to play MGS, of course, but I'd rather not and see Sony get what's coming to them, finally. They only got their start by using technology developed with Nintendo back in the day and now it's time for them to be defeated because of their lack of innovation and business sense in the world of videogames.

I doubt Sony will be bowing out anytime soon. With the success of BluRay and increasing sales of the PS3, I doubt they'll be flopping anytime soon. Indeed their arrogance has probably put off a lot of gamers, but in the end those same gamers are turning around and currently purchasing more PS3s than X360s on a weekly basis pretty much all over the world, even here in the US. It has been said that from launch to now, the PS3 has outsold the X360 during the same time period from it's launch. If anything, this year will be the PS3's year to shine with an onslaught of major titles and the introduction of Sony's free online experience, HOME.

its so weird that everyone says ps3 is outselling the 360, but i still have only seen one and have been to countless peoples houses with 360s. i guess my friends are just weird.

and yeah toshiba just dropped the HD-DVD so now Blue Ray is gonna be makin mad monies. ive always like playstation over other consoles, im just not about to drop $500 for one

well...I haven't seen a PS3 either. If you think about it tho, there's about 11 million 360s and 10 million or so Wiis out there. Compare that to a whopping 5 million PS3s, I'm sure it wouldn't be as prominently out there yet. Either that or they are still sitting on EBay since 2 Christmas' ago...lol.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I like Sony, and want them to succeed in other areas. Like, the Spiderman movies? Blue ray looks sweet. Plus CD players and all that...

Just, I don't feel that their presence in the videogames market is adding anything. They're over pricing and under innovating.

• 1 month later...

So I played the beta all night last night until the GTA launch, and it is soooooo worth it....back to the MGS 1 style of play, everything is basic, there are a few things they need to fix but other than that its a kick a$s beta until the final...the download for this took 2 hours BTW....but its worth it

Archived