CRX 4 Sale

CelticRacer

ok, so i need your opinion. there is an 87 crx for sale in my city. dude wants $650 for it. kbb says its worth $1600 in dealership condition. i went out to look at it and clearly it was not in dealership condition.

it needs a new fuse box, 3 new lock cylanders, new ignition assembly, 2 new hydraulic lifts for the hatch, new front bumper, new head light, new tail light, new front windsheild, it has a rust hole, and to top it off the interior is stripped.

so my question to you knowledable people is what do you think the car is worth? what would you pay for it if you where buying it?

thanks for the help...

$650 He wants this much

-100 rust hole

-100 interior striped

-100 bad locks and ign. assembly

-125 windshield

-100 missing bumbers bumbers and tail lights

-25 bad fuse box

$100 bucks is what he should sell it for.

That is what I would pay to even consider buying it.

I dunno I might buy it but no way for $650. That guy would be making a good profit.

You would spend more in parts and restoring it then what you paid or even the value of the car.

It is up to you

$650 He wants this much

-100 rust hole

-100 interior striped

-100 bad locks and ign. assembly

-125 windshield

-100 missing bumbers bumbers and tail lights

-25 bad fuse box

$100 bucks is what he should sell it for.

That is what I would pay to even consider buying it.

I dunno I might buy it but no way for $650. That guy would be making a good profit.

You would spend more in parts and restoring it then what you paid or even the value of the car.

It is up to you

yeah, i know. my thoughts where offer $100 cash take it or leave it

thanks.

okay i thought you were mad cause of what he said about the car and such.

na, just the internet... nothin to get mad over.

besides the only reason i am looking at the car is because it only weighs 1700 lbs. i agree it is worth more as scrap then a car...

it needs a new fuse box, 3 new lock cylanders, new ignition assembly, 2 new hydraulic lifts for the hatch, new front bumper, new head light, new tail light, new front windsheild, it has a rust hole, and to top it off the interior is stripped.

:nono:

thanks for putting it bluntly. :dry:

hehe, no prob man

i am looking at the car is because it only weighs 1700 lbs.

Take it from someone that has actually owned a 1987 Honda CRX, for a car that is only 1700lbs, it doesn't handle like a car that is that light. It still has significant roll, ride is pretty high, the car is pretty narrow for its size, and the torsion bar setup in the front is not the sportiest.

I wouldn't buy one unless it was to either restore an HF to mint, or strip out a DX and drop in a K20 for drag racing.

If you are looking for a CRX I would suggest second gen. You will pay more for one but more options plus they are a blast to drive hf's curb is around 1800lb dx is 2000 and si 2100lb; those are approx weights.

Archived