how much should i offer on this?

Tubbith

So i was looking on craigslist earlier and ran across this ad. Im thinking about making the guy an offer once i go look at the car. Assuming it doesnt need major body work, and that mechanically it is sound, what do yall think would be a good price to try and pick this up for? I know its not a lot of information, but as of right now its all i have to go on.

craigslist ad

im posting this ad for my friend.Its a 1990 acura integra 5 speed has 140k just had tune up/brakes/clutch/valve cover gaskets/new tires/its a BONE STOCK no modification,clean title,pass emmission,no engine light and its ready to go

exterior-90%

interior95% (i will give u a good price if u pick it up ASAP)

I talked to the guy this morning and he said he just put a new hood and fenders on it. (leads me to believe it was in a fender bender). He also said he would give it to me for a "good price".. which he stated around $1700-$1800. From what i can tell from kbb and nada that is on the high end for the 90 tegs. Im thinking, offer like $800 cash and be willing to pay up $1000. Any comments or ideas as to weather i should be willing to pay more/less? thanks.

Yea that's way over the high side, depending what trim. $1000-$1500

When do you get your licence back? I thought you were waiting a while on buying?

I am waitin, but if i run across something in my "price range" that is in good enough conition i dont have a problem low ballin someone and seein if they will bite. And since this is supposed to be bone stock, only 140k miles, and 90% ext:95%int. figure i'll try to get it for about $800. Worst that can happen is he says no, and i have wated two hours of my life driving to look at it.

First of all, ask how he came up with those numbers.... :dry:

lol.. im expecting to go look at it, and have it be more like.. 75 and 80%..which will help my case of getting it cheap as s**t. I figure, the sooner i figure out what im riding in, and the less i pay for it, the sooner i can start attempting to build my motor.

yea man just start noticing things that he said were good and correcting him on it and hell think he needs to lower the price well atleast i think thats wat he will do lol

I just gonna go do what i always do when i buy a car. Look it over really good, test drive it like i stole it, and then come back and offer him some bs offer. when he says no, i offer a little more, and if i have to make a third offer, i offer him the most im willing to pay for the car.. if at that point we cant agree on the price, i walk and start looking all over again..

yea the teg will be nice just find a turbo kit or piece one together you can actually make like a thread bout like a boosted b18 on a budget, that be nice

wont be on a budget...lol.. if i pick it up i plan on also buying a b18 and doing a complete build...eagle 4340 steel crank, h-beam rods, srp forged pistons 8:1, fully balanced rotating assembly, honed and sleeved, head work, and all the other stuff that goes along with a 500whp car.. :drool:

figure i can drive the teg around as a dd in stock form(lowered of course), and when i get around to finishing the motor, more than likely gonna take a year or so, spend a weekend dropping it in and getting it tuned..(but then again, i might look for a civic coupe/rex shell to drop it in)

*Note*- didnt get a chance to see the car today..no license kinda sucks...hopefully tomorrow.

Hey Tubbith, how do you get around with no licence?

I only ask because I'm worried I might lose mine.

I have couple of very good friends...one of them likes to eat..a lot.(he is bulking at the moment). and the other one just takes a little bit of gas money. Between the two of them i do alright. its not like havin the freedom to go where i want when i want. but i cant complain.

Hey Tubbith, how do you get around with no licence?

I only ask because I'm worried I might lose mine.

i know in NY they give you kind like a permit to drive to and from work/school. other than that if you get pulled over your fuct.

i could have gotten a permit... assuming i hadnt been 20 when i got arreste for my dui. The court said b/c i was only 20, o couldnt get a permit of any kind... it sucks, but i guess i get what i deserve fo rnot sitting at home for 6 housr instead of 4

i could have gotten a permit... assuming i hadnt been 20 when i got arreste for my dui. The court said b/c i was only 20, o couldnt get a permit of any kind... it sucks, but i guess i get what i deserve fo rnot sitting at home for 6 housr instead of 4

dont drink and drive kids, cops are cracking down! (like that commercial....anyone?)

dont drink and drive kids, cops are cracking down! (like that commercial....anyone?)

F**k that.. i got pulled over b/c i was driving a lowered honda.. the cop told me that "i didnt have tag lights.. and if i had, he would have followed me till i did something that he could pull me over for.."...

Archived