zc dohc swap in delsol

dadsdelslo

I just recently got a del sol. With the car I received a DOHC ZC motor as well. How hard is it to put this motor in and what all will I have to do. I have the computer and wiring harness to the ZC motor. This is my first swap with a honda so I need a lil help Thanks.

I just recently got a del sol. With the car I received a DOHC ZC motor as well. How hard is it to put this motor in and what all will I have to do. I have the computer and wiring harness to the ZC motor. This is my first swap with a honda so I need a lil help Thanks.

Thanks. Yea that is all I have for right now.

easy man really easy, just need the shift linkage from i think a dohc vtec motor out of a del sol and i think 94 integra axels and everything else shoudl just bolt in wat else do you got for that swap is that it??

Wrong.

They have both DOHC and SOHC ZC's. You dont need any other shift linkage or axles from a b-series, since the ZC is a d-series motor. Its pretty much just plug and play.

This swap may be a bit illegal if the DOHC ZC in question is OBD0 (from a 88-91 civic/crx). However there is an OBD1 version I believe.

Also will drop right in physically (no new mounts needed), unless it is from an integra (mount locations were different). As TunerDan said there are both DOHC and SOHC versions of the ZC with the SOHC version being a hopped up version of the D16A6 in the US, and the DOHC version like the D16A1 from early integras.

This swap may be a bit illegal if the DOHC ZC in question is OBD0 (from a 88-91 civic/crx). However there is an OBD1 version I believe.

Also will drop right in physically (no new mounts needed), unless it is from an integra (mount locations were different). As TunerDan said there are both DOHC and SOHC versions of the ZC with the SOHC version being a hopped up version of the D16A6 in the US, and the DOHC version like the D16A1 from early integras.

Yes it is plug and play as far as the mechanicals go. You need to know if it's the obd0 or obd1 version. Quick way to tell the distributor plugs will be grey in color and the obd1 doesn't have the crank angle sensor attached to the end of the exhaust cam like the obd0. also verify if you have the low impedence or high impedence injectors. also ecu should be obd1 to work with your sol. Now the crapty part of this swap, the obd1 zc distributor is very hard to come by if yours happens to go bad. And if you have a d16z6 already in your sol, you only pick up 5-15hp over stock. I would sell the zc swap and get a head package or maybe just a cam

Yes it is plug and play as far as the mechanicals go. You need to know if it's the obd0 or obd1 version. Quick way to tell the distributor plugs will be grey in color and the obd1 doesn't have the crank angle sensor attached to the end of the exhaust cam like the obd0. also verify if you have the low impedence or high impedence injectors. also ecu should be obd1 to work with your sol. Now the crapty part of this swap, the obd1 zc distributor is very hard to come by if yours happens to go bad. And if you have a d16z6 already in your sol, you only pick up 5-15hp over stock. I would sell the zc swap and get a head package or maybe just a cam

+1 i agree the z6 if you do have it is a great motor and a good foundation to build from

I talked to the guy I got the motor from. He said he believes it came out of a 1st gen Integra. So in order for me to put this in the sol I will have to change mounts right?

I talked to the guy I got the motor from. He said he believes it came out of a 1st gen Integra. So in order for me to put this in the sol I will have to change mounts right?

if the valve cover is black in color it's plug and play. if it's brown is the usdm d16a1 from the first gen integra. Another way to tell is that the american version or the "brown head" as some refer to it as has 4 big valve cover grommets near the center of the cover while the other has smaller ones like the b18a. If it's a first gen then you will need to swap out the injectors or use a resistor box and swap out the distributor for the obd1 version (hard to find). Also the brown head has the mount located in front of the motor where the power steering pump would normally be while the black head has it in the center of the timing belt cover

i know in NY it's illegal. if the car is an OBD0 you need to replace it with an OBD0,OBD1 or OBD2. if it is an OBD1 vehicle legally you can't use an OBD0 motor, you have to use an OBD1 or OBD2. same with an OBD2 car. however an OBD2 car can use an OBD1 chipped ECU because the motor itself is still using the same OBD2 emissions.

In other words if the motor is the OBD0 version sell it and find an OBD1 version or sell it all together and build a z6 motor.

i know in NY it's illegal. if the car is an OBD0 you need to replace it with an OBD0,OBD1 or OBD2. if it is an OBD1 vehicle legally you can't use an OBD0 motor, you have to use an OBD1 or OBD2. same with an OBD2 car. however an OBD2 car can use an OBD1 chipped ECU because the motor itself is still using the same OBD2 emissions.

In other words if the motor is the OBD0 version sell it and find an OBD1 version or sell it all together and build a z6 motor.

an obd1 ecu chipped can be used in a obd2 car but illegally. For one the obd2 car is equipped with 2 oxygen sensors when the obd1 only looks for 1. The obd2 also has a crank fluctuation sensor on the front of the crank and the obd1 doesn't have that. And last, obd2 cars need to be able to download info to the smog machines when the plug the obd2 diagnositic connector to read the parameters where the obd1 doesn't.

Archived